News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2013 shoots?

Started by John C, November 29, 2012, 11:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John C

Are there any Appleseed shoots scheduled for 2013 in Utah?

Thanks,

-John

Microdevil45

I eagerly await the same info for Florida!!! ^:)^

Oops sorry wrong place...

Transform

Please be patient, the people on the IT team are working on it as fast as they can.

Cervantes

Any updates? I am debating a 6 hour drive, hotel, and a return drive to attend in Montana, but  am hoping for something closer to home (South east Idaho / northern Utah) instead.

If the dates have been established and it is just a matter of getting them posted, could they be posted on the forum for now?

I have a few friends I want to drag along as well. I hope I can  get them there!

All the best,
Cervantes

Transform

The short answer:  Please continue to be patient, everyone is "still" working as fast as they can!

The long answer:  Sorry, I don't know the status of Utah events.
You can find some (not all) of the SE Idaho events here:
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=ID&statename=Idaho
For Utah, you should continue to occasionally check here for updates:
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=UT&statename=Utah
However, for both Montana and Idaho, you can find the combined NW Schedule here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34896.0 (Idaho listings will be updated this weekend)
The NW Schedule will include most (not all) of the established-but-not-yet-posted dates that you're asking for.

If January 12-13 in Great Falls Montana is a possibility for you, I'd encourage you to consider making the trip, because it will be held at a very nice INDOOR range, a rare luxury in this winter weather!

Quote from: Cervantes on January 04, 2013, 11:44:02 AM
I have a few friends I want to drag along as well. I hope I can  get them there!

That's fantastic! Carpooling and sharing a room would help to cut the costs significantly for each of you!

Cervantes

Thanks for the update.

And thanks to all of those who do so much to make the organization work!

I can be patient.  I really want to get a bunch of people out, which would probably need to be closer to home.  Perhaps next year we could get enough people to arrange an AS in our town... hmmm.

Thanks so much,
Cervantes

Necee

Cervantes- What local area are you looking at?  There are usually several in Kaysville, there was one in Springville last fall, some in Blackfoot and Rexburg..... what close local are you looking for?  There is an awesome cadre in UT that have been doing a great job getting UT set up!!

Cervantes

We are abouth about half way between Blackfoot and Kaysville... perhaps a bit closer to Blackfoot. So either of those would be good! The closer it is the easier to my friends to go and bring their kids! I would love my kids to haver other youth they could safely shoot with.

Thanks for the comments. I will keep checking back for the Utah classes as well as Idaho and see what can be done. I just hate waiting until spring!

I was also looking at the Rifleman's boot camp. That sounds amazing.  Perhaps we will see one within a 1 days drive this year. I'm thinking that would be worth the drive!!!

All the Best,
Cervantes

Transform

Quote from: Cervantes on January 08, 2013, 02:24:57 AM
We are abouth about half way between Blackfoot and Kaysville... perhaps a bit closer to Blackfoot.

In that case, your closest current ranges include:
Blackfoot, ID
Rexburg, ID
Kaysville, UT
Springville, UT  (Springville is 1 hour south of Kaysville.)
Jackson Hole, WY  (Jackson is 2 hours east of Idaho Falls.)