News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bellevue, MI November 17-18, 2012

Started by Rascal21, November 15, 2012, 12:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Great First Day and a NEW Rifleman. :) Can't wait for tomorrow!

Photos are up from today here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.298147940295382.65162.240556109387899&type=1&l=ca01830614

D.O.M.

Yes, a beautiful fall day in Michigan. You really appreciate that mid day sun after shivering waiting for it to come up!

A great bunch of shooters today. Really seeing some good groups. Sorted out some equipment issues too! Looking forward to tomorrow!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

Wow, am I tired! What a wonderful day! More Riflemen scores, a new Orange Hat, and the finest people that I know, all working together.

Fly-Boy made some new friends, as did I.

Thank you all so much for spending a weekend with me at the range!

I LOVE Appleseed!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Superheat

Quote from: D.O.M. on November 18, 2012, 08:59:45 PM
Wow, am I tired! What a wonderful day! More Riflemen scores, a new Orange Hat, and the finest people that I know, all working together.

Fly-Boy made some new friends, as did I.

Thank you all so much for spending a weekend with me at the range!

I LOVE Appleseed!

O0

Tell fly boy I said hi. And the Mrs. I got a cool map now.  :)

wizard

Such a warm welcome from Rascal quickly took the chill from the air on Sat. morning; That, and the chance to tease Sam I Am made the trip worth it for one day.  Good to see new old friends, and meet new new friends, some young and some almost as old as I am.  It was also nice to see such rapid progress in the shooters.  This stuff works.  Thanks to all.
I get things done because I get things done.

Ibex

Wiz,
Almost as old as I am... I resemble that!

Excellent weather, good people, good instruction (3dogs, D.O.M, Oz, Sam I Am, Rascal, you to Wiz & of course Greywolf) & good shooting.  O0
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.

"Practice what you suck at." Jacob Bynum

Believe the bullet.

Oz

A fantastic Sunday--I wish I'd been able to stay longer.  The shooters were awesome, the weather was magnificent (well, it was magnificent with hot chocolate at 8, and magnificent on its own by 11...)

It was great to see 3 Dogs again, and to meet Graywolf, D.O.M., Sam-I-Am, and Rascal.  Ibex, congratulations and thank you for taking an OH!  Wizard, I look forward to meeting you--next time we're each there for 1 day maybe it'll be the same day!  (Better yet, we'll just be there for 2 days!)

I can already see a pitfall of AS that nobody warned me about:  I want to work with ALL of the cadre I've ever met at EVERY future shoot!  (And for that matter, want to see every shooter back on the line!) 

JD and Fly-boy, it was great shooting with you.  Fly-boy, listen to your dad and scoot that thumb over.  JD, remember to relax your front hand, it's just a tiny table to set the rifle on.  It's fantastic to meet young people who want so much to see their skills improve--and they will.  I look forward to seeing you both shoot again!  O0

First time trying to send a picture...as I left I thought I'd better take one for posterity.  Look at it all...heritage, youth, teamwork, willingness to learn.  Yup, posterity.

I'm not sure about the sunbeam in the photo--is that standard issue for the Line Boss or does it only happen for Sam? 
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Graywolf

What a fantastic weekend!  Let me start by saying I had a great team working this event.  A big thanks to 3.dogs, Rascal, Sam-I-Am, D.O.M., Oz, and Wizard for taking time out of busy schedules and giving of their time and talents for this event.

Ibex, welcome aboard!  It is good to see new orange hats!  Congratulations to Ti on shooting Rifleman!  Well done, sir!  Kat I hope to see you in at least a blue hat soon.  Al, you made great strides so keep at it.  (Be safe in your upcoming deployment.)  Flyboy, you are getting there, keep at it.  J.D. you are really improving so keep up the good work!

Oz, I think the sunbeam in the photo was that magical moment when Sam-I-Am found her "line boss" voice.   ^:)^  Way to go, Sam!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Rascal21

That photo is awesome Oz, thanks for the new wallpaper :)

CONGRATS Ibex! Can't wait to work with you again.

Congrats to TI on his 219!!!

Steffen, awesome job both days! That 196 is amazing. Keep practicing and we will see you back next year for that Rifleman score!!

Fly-boy, you are amazing! Every instruction brought your groups closer and closer. That last RedCoat was OUTSTANDING! Keep it up!

Al, great progress over the two days. Keep working on your positions while gone and we will see you in 2014! SAFE TRAVELS!

Kat, great spending more time with you, hope we get to see lots more of you in the future!

JD, great improvements! We will make a rifleman out of you!!!

To my fellow Cadre, thank you all! It was indeed a pleasure spending my weekend with you, as it always is. I go into these weekends in a frenzy, dreading
that i might have forgotten something, or missed a crucial step and as always after 10 minutes I forget that I am "working" and just have a wonderful weekend, you all make that happen.

I want to say a special congrats to Sam-I-Am, don't know where you found that voice sweetheart, but it's working! GREAT JOB!

SteelThunder

Need to add an audio clip to that pic Oz...something like angelic chorus singing "Ahhhhhhhh!"
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Oz

I did heard a bell ring just after that photo as I slowly drove away from the range...I was afraid it was my check engine light, but am thrilled to hear it signified the arrival of a set of "line boss voice" wings.  I'd have turned right around and stayed a little longer if I'd known.  Outstanding, Sam!
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Ibex

The day that :) :) Sam-I-Am found her "line boss voice" & I was there. Awesome!
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.

"Practice what you suck at." Jacob Bynum

Believe the bullet.

Pinkey

WOW, Sam! Congrats! I wish I had been there! It sounds like you all had a great big bunch of fun. Congratulations to all of you.

Tigress

What a great weekend at Appleseed!

Lets see, hanging out with great friends & meeting new people, beautiful weather, first class instruction & history lessons, fun shooting.... Priceless!

Sam-I-Am, you did a great job as line boss!!  You went from calm soft voice to "I am Line Boss hear me roar".  Congrats!   O0

Rascal, thank you for the warm welcome, and for answering all my questions regarding being a Blue hat.

Wizard, I think you are going to do real good as an instructor, the way you were going 110% to help explain things to people on Saturday was great.

Graywolf, Please reserve me a Blue hat for the January shoot in Bellevue.  You can thank Rascal for convincing me.  By the way, does the hat come in purple?  Just kidding  ;)

Congrats Ti!  Great job on your making Rifleman.

Thanx to all for a very fun weekend!

Miki

Sounds like you all had a BLAST!

Congrats on finding that range voice MM1! You ROCK girl.

Miki

D.O.M.

Seeing as how I have a signal, here are some pics!

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73