News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden MA. Nov 3-4

Started by goodpiper, November 05, 2012, 04:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

Another fine weekend in Leyden! We had 17 shooters on the line on Saturday. Ranging from experienced to first time out, and youth to (as my Grandfather would have said) mature.

The weather was chilly, with a stiff breeze from time to time. Making the fire a pleasant place for telling the Strikes.

Everyone worked hard, and at the end of each day showed signs of progress.

At the end of the 1st day Derek (221) and Oliver (Max, 214) each got a coveted Riflemans Patch. Good Job Lads  O0

It was great having  4 Father/Son pairs on the field. Dave/Brien, Chris/luke, Kevin/Toby, and Alec/Phelan. For that matter we have in Leyden 2 Father/son pairs in our Instructor corp. Mr.Freedom/AmericaStandsStrong, aim/Ulysses, and an Uncle/Nephew pair goodpiper/Sir_Ludavic. I like to think this demonstrates the importance Appleseed places on Posterity.

Sunday saw 11 shooters on the line. Kevin (240) and Toby (246) both requalified.  Max stepped up to an Orange hat. I look forward to working with him.

A special thanks to the Instructors. It was a pleasure and honor to work with you all. aim, AmericaStandsStrong, Ulysses, Mr.Freedom, and Sir_Ludavic.
THANKS!! :))

The next Leyden Appleseed is Scheduled for April 20-21 (assuming the road in is passable).

I'll do Pictures in this and another post

Pic 1. Phelan receiving a Youth Patch (a future Rifleman I think ;) )

Pic 2. Derek receiving his Rifleman Patch

Pic 3. Max receiving his Rifleman Patch

Pic 4. Ulysses giving Dangerous old Men & Women

goodpiper

Some more Pictures:

Pic 1. Max taking an Orange hat. Well Done!

Pic 2. Our 3 Sunday Youth, Zack, Josh, and Rachel (A big thanks to Stan their dad for keeping the fire going)

Pic 3. Kevin and Toby re-qualifing. Fine shootin' Boys!! :~

Mr.Freedom

Hmmmmm, where to begin? The afterglow of another fun filled and safe Appleseed is behind me once again. Let me start with the youth, our posterity. Zack, Rachel and Josh, three great kids! So refreshing to hear good manners from today's youth AND not one bit of complaining. They were all very receptive to our instruction. Special memo to Josh, slow down and work on NPOA. Rachel and Zack will both be wearing Rifleman patches by the end of summer 2013, if not sooner.

It is amazing to me how many nice people you meet on the Appleseed Trail. You get to meet a lot of people with different senses of humor which is most enjoyable. I felt like for the most part I made a connection on some level with all the shooters.

On Saturday, Dave did a great job on his shooting technique and asked lots of questions. Next time I will start asking Dave to answer his own questions so we can learn together!

Max, Lo, Andrea, Dennis more great people to have on the shooting line and the sidelines for socializing. (Max, thanks for stepping up and taking an Orange Hat, that is huge! :~) Would love to shoot the Garand in the future, hint hint

People like Chris, his son Luke, Dave, his son Brian, are my kind of people. Oh and Ed and Derek too. Heck, all these people just plain know how to have fun and all were very helpful in different sorts of ways. Chris from Rutland had me cracking up all weekend.

And how about the Tirellis? Kevin and Toby? Toby shot a 246? ^:)^ :bow: How did I not hear about this during the day? And his Dad shot in the 240's as well!! Got to get me one of those Turner slings, that might be their special secret.

Hope Charlie is recovering from his football banging up, would like to see the whole family on the line again.

Im sure I am missing someone, I apologize if I do.

Goodpiper AKA The Wizard, ran another great shoot. He really took on a ton of the storytelling for which I am thankful. Andre did a great job with the KD and in general I feel like we all cooperate very well and compliment each other well as instructors. I sense we pick each other up on the days when we are not really with it. In short, just a really good team IMHO

Ulysses, hands off the cookies.  ~~:)

Well I am starting to ramble, so until next time, keep fighting the good fight, and dont forget to Vote Today!! Dont be lazy, do it!

Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine