News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI November 3/4 2012

Started by Superheat, November 02, 2012, 08:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Anxiously waiting for the event to begin. This is yet another 'sold out' Lapeer event.

11/3/12 UPDATE!  What an unbelievable day. 3 orange hats, 4 riflemen and at least 5 more very close, AND IT IS ONLY DAY ONE!

11/4/12 Update.  Who knew Sunday would be a repeat?  WOW.  2 more riflemen and a Blue hat. Yet another wild weekend at Lapeer!  WhooHoo.   ^:)^  Too tired to make coherent thinking..  must get sl e e p. 

Here's some more pics.

Second strike with Hannah Davis

Jerry working through IMC

Steady Hold Factors

Eric and the rest of the main line working hard

First and Third strikes.  Nice Job!

So close to an ICICLE Patch.  32.0 degrees is not below 32.  Sorry Guys the thermometer is going up.

Kat scores with her new rifle.  Nice job.

MOOSE!

Erik waited until the end to sqeeeek across the line.  210!

The best people on earth.

New IIT's.  What have I done...

Just as I was lamenting "I sure could use a blue hat in Lapeer" one appears.
Thanks "BO PEEP"

D.O.M.

Wow!
Congratulations to all the riflemen and new hat wearers!
Especially my friend, who did so good, Whippet!  ^:)^
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Hammer Forged

The Monday morning commute after a weekend Appleseed Event is the only time I don't mind my 80 minute drive to work. It gives me time to reflect on all the new friends I met, the stories we shared and time we took to honor our country and the liberties that were gifted to us so long ago.

Congratulations to all the new Rifleman and to those who took up the cause and are now wearing a funny colored hat. Know that you are everything that Appleseed works for.

And now for the Pictures!

The morning briefing...

The First Red Coat!

The Positions

Here's Jeff   zeroing-in on his target

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Forged

How about some Great History!

Hanna Davis stopped by to tell her story of the day her husband Isaac, left her and their four sick children to battle for our Liberty.

Icemam doing the 3rd Strike (for the first time)

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Forged

Show me the RIFLEMAN!

Kat - Re-qualifies

Dave scores his Rifleman "Back to Back"

Muffin Re-qulifies with a 210 and a little sprinkle from the waters under the "North Bridge"

Eric with a "C"     Earns his Patch on his very first AQT!
Richard has friends amoung him that know what they are about!

Richard the "Wizard" - You still don't have the ELUSIVE "ICE" PATCH!

More Rifleman to come when we get the photos.....

Hammer Forged

And for our Youths!

Zach earns his Liberty Patch - Great Job!

What can you say but:  Can someone get L'Moose off the bag and into a GI Sling!

Hammer Forged

We also had a visit from our old friend George

Hammer Forged

Lets Meet the NEW Orange Hat Instructors
(Who has MM's Blue Hat Photo?)

Superheat will have his hands full with this crew!

No time to eat Kevin (Sheep Dr.? Gus?) GET BACK TO WORK!

That's what we like to see - keep those targets in order!

Here's Wizard loosing his voice from Calling the Line and all the Diesel Fuel fumes under THE BUS!

Here's a new POI from Bee Free; "If you apply just the right amount of pressure with the Vulcan Neck Pinch, you're Trigger arm will automatically raise and your standing scores will improve.  

Here's Caliper schussing the SBIT for talking during the POI's!  Bad Red Hat!

From ALL of us at Project Appleseed "THANK YOU!"

ITB

Great job, guys.  Looks like the "Lapeer Magic" continues....
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Pitmaster

Dang, I see more than a few familiar faces, can't wait to come back to Lapeer in December.

Looks like a great time.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

mac66

All I can say is   WOW! ^:)^
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

wizard

Under the bus isn't such a bad place to be,  better people than I have been tossed under and emerged stronger for it.  I tell all of my friends about Appleseed  yet so few are willing to test themself or even learn anything new, so I am very proud of those who did show up.  We all had such a great time that now as a group; we will convert all those Disc-golfers and video-game players we know, to challenge themselfs and just show up.  I expect the Appleseed cadre (myself included) to do the easy part and educate, inspire, and get them involved.  Shout out to the Iceman.  His use of tone, inflection, and confidence, in the third strike is something I aspire too.  The apple didn't fall far from the tree.  As for that elusive gray patch, know this;  right now I am in the sitting position (with my support arm under the rifle) in my dogs wading pool in 10 inches of water and 20 bags of ice.  Thanks to all for a great weekend.
I get things done because I get things done.

Superheat

HELP!  I have no pictures of KD.   :wb:  Please post if you have any.

BeeFree

My ears are NOT pointy, dudes.  Really.  But I'll be happy to pinch anyone who lets their chicken wing down... ;)

Bee
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Whippet

Here is a photo of Zach shooting 3 out of 4 on the 200 yard KD.

:pics:
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

K9DR

I finally picked a forum name.  My wife did not want me to use Gus, so I had to pick something different. 
Superheat, you didn't say anything about not having time to eat when I accepted the orange hat.......oh well, some things are more important than eating.   Thanks for the opportunity to help.

K9