News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gibsonburg, Ohio October 27-28, 2012 AAR

Started by Edheler, October 29, 2012, 10:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edheler

What a weekend! The weather was chilly, with splash of rain on Saturday and a cold breeze on Sunday. That didn't deter twenty people coming out each day! Louie, and the scouts you bring, HUZZAH!

We had one rifleman Justin! Congratulations!

We had a number of others really close! Keep practicing!

You all are the reason why I keep doing this weekend after weekend. Thank-you to everyone for helping to keep my flame alive. Gibsonburg always impresses, but it is the people that keep me coming back! Even with my promotion, I am sure I will be back next year because I would miss it too much! You can't get rid of me that easily posterboy! ;) Next year, with the Tactical Appleseed Travel Trailer I will at least once bring my telescope out to join posterboy's and we can have fun into the early hours of Sunday morning!

Everyone please post the pictures which I know are out there.

Unbridled Liberty

Congratulations Justin!  Edheler, what promotion?  Your hat still looks red.  Although the bill does look a little dirty...almost black.   ;)

Congratulations brother!  O0

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Edheler

Thanks, UL! (I am sure someone will post something in the PA sub-forum soon enough. :) )

We were also raided this weekend by ghouls from Michigan!

I hear the mask was nice and warm though!

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Steadfast

Living Hand

I was there for Sunday only.  Saw the IITs did a fantastic job with demonstrations.  Both storytellers were great.  In fact, Posterboy's storytelling abilities are off-the-chart phenomenal, but he probably already knows that.

Shooting 500 yards was a special treat, with both my own and other people's guns.  Gibsonburg's range is probably the best I've seen (so far), and I recommend anyone to check it out if you have the chance.

Huzzah to all the volunteers, to our new Rifleman and Shoot Boss!  Hope to see you again on the Appleseed Trail.
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

Bill Winkle

Quote from: Edheler on October 30, 2012, 12:58:57 PM
Thanks, UL! (I am sure someone will post something in the PA sub-forum soon enough. :) )

We were also raided this weekend by ghouls from Michigan!

I hear the mask was nice and warm though!

Hey! I resemble that remark!
Oh wait, yes that was me. Must be my alter-Rifleman ego showing his true form. It's got to be a Jeckle-Hyde Halloween Season thing or I didn't get enough coffee and doughnuts. Not sure.
....Bill Winkle....

Bob Winkle

Thanks for hosting us Michigan raiders! We always have a great time coming down to Gibsonburg. This was my daughter's first Appleseed and she had a wonderful time. Thanks again!  O0 O0 O0 Until next time, Go Blue!  ;)
Bob Winkle

Fives

Totally had a great weekend. I wish i had made the whole shoot Saturday, but  I had to do what i had to do. (I took my son on a birthday flight in a little four seat Mooney!!!!) Alright, We had some real dedicated and hard core shooters that  weekend. Congrats to our Rifleman!!!! So many were close to the coveted score...I hope ya'll come back for more...(I rhymed that there....) Sunday was a great time. The shooters of all ages where Rocking the Steel targets at 500 yards!!!!!! :bow:

I cant wait til spring!!

Please help us fill the lines, Don't forget the seventh step....

Peace ya'll

Whiteknight
"A hero is no more brave than an ordinary man, he is braver five minutes longer" RWE