News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rocky Creek Ranch NOV.3-4

Started by Sly223, October 16, 2012, 12:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

Folks this event has 0 pre-regs. This is diheartening seeing as the neigboring range has no 0problem filling the line. This events is famous for selling out events in all the other disciplines. The last AS event sched. here was cancelled while the week before and the week after different diciplines both sold out so I am in a quandry as to how to get this event to be more successfull????? :-[ :-[ :P :'( #) :sos: :sb: :DH: :slap: :shootself: !@#) %)
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Sly223

I am standing by to see what happens if nothing by OCT.26, on the 29 I will cancell this event! :slap:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

smoakingun

There is apossibility that the remoteness of the range, combined with the facg that the typical appleseed shooter is not the high-speed, big money shooter with money to burn on things like lodging may be a couple of things working against the venue. Maybe the possibility of making the venue a known distance appleseed venue only? Appleseed to the next level. An event for rifleman qualified shooters to try ther hand at real distances.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

I don't bite into the remoteness due to MGAR 12 mi. away without same problem. But there is certanly something and I agree with only doing select special events there in 2013! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

308LIBERTY

Money is tight but I was actually hoping to attend this one so keep me posted. Looks like a great venue.

Dwight
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Sly223

Well,DW almost saved the event,if he wouldda sighned up! :slap:
0-pre-regs a week out! :shootself:
before after and all around numbers are up and better but not here,
I also will get with SR,Cadre to sched. 2013 at Myakka,They have provided several weekends in each month I will dig out the paper work and post in the next day or so! ..:.. :DH:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

308LIBERTY

So is this officially cancelled or are you still waiting til the 29th? I've read a lot of good things about this location. It would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

mattra

I agree with Smoak and that venue would be the perfect place to host a known distance Appleseed. The people that usually attend other types of events at Rocky Creek Ranch are the ones going to carbine classes with "big name" instructors (which I personally feel is silly), but people can spend their money the way they want to. I think sometimes we suffer from marketing to such a broad base. If we could have a shoot at Rocky Creek Ranch that was sort of like Appleseed 2.0 or only known distance, I think you could have more people show up - but that's just my two cents.

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!