News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full-Distance ranges in your state?

Started by ItsanSKS, September 12, 2012, 09:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

To all Appleseeders:

Trying to pull together the current Appleseed venues that offer distances in excess of 300 yards.  If your state has one, please respond to this thread with the range name*, maximum distance available, and the number of shooters that it can accommodate at one time. 
*= Please list the range name as it appears on eventbrite

Thank you for your prompt attention,

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Theophilus

ItsanSKS:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30870.msg230599#msg230599
has 1000 yds.

Posting a link either removes or involves all the name confustion.
I believe there are more Oregon ranges with 1000 yd capability.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

ItsanSKS

Thanks for the link, Theophilius.

In that EIP, it shows a max distance of 200 yards; I'm guessing that the 1,000 yard line is a completely different firing line from what we typically use?  If so, how many people would you think it could handle, shooting to 500-600?
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

George Hacker

The Vale, Oregon range has at least a 600 yard range.  It is on the eastern edge of the state next to Idaho.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27627.0

Mark Davis would know more about the capabilities of this range, but I'm listing it so it doesn't fall through the cracks.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Kimber Custom

Quote from: ItsanSKS on September 12, 2012, 09:49:58 PM
Thanks for the link, Theophilius.

In that EIP, it shows a max distance of 200 yards; I'm guessing that the 1,000 yard line is a completely different firing line from what we typically use?  If so, how many people would you think it could handle, shooting to 500-600?

Douglas Ridge has a 1000y capability with berms at 800 and 600y. There are 10 fixed target lines. You can probably get 2 or 3x that in shooters but I'm not sure what the target frames would look like.

Our relationship with DRRC is a little fragile right now. There was some friction in 2010 and we were just allowed back in last weekend. It went really well and there was talk about setting up a KD shoot. I have not asked the XO for this yet. I'm still trying to get our regular events scheduled for next year.

Thursdays are regularly scheduled long distance days so if we can fit into that schedule it would be ideal. The challenge would be if a club member wanted to shoot at the same time who aren't rifleman and how to set up 'exclusive' access for AS liability purposes.

ItsanSKS

Shadowman-

What is the range capacity out at Vale, on the full-distance line?

Kimber Custom-

I believe I've got a pretty good understanding of the issues at Douglas Ridge; let's focus on bringing a good name to Appleseed at that range first, then we can work on getting some KD events there.

George Hacker

Quote from: ItsanSKS on September 13, 2012, 05:47:00 AM
What is the range capacity out at Vale, on the full-distance line?

At least 600 yards, possibly 1000.  Their website is very nondescript and I haven't personally been to the range.  Mark Davis would know.

Mark?  Care to chime in?
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Prescott

COSSA in Bend, OR has a 500 yard and 1000 yard range.    The 500 yard range is much wider than the 1000 yard range.

COSSA is interested in hosting AS events and we will be making a board presentation this fall to get on their 2013 calendar.   If our relationship goes well, we might be able to get a KD shoot there.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

ItsanSKS

That's great news, Prescott!  Please update this thread if/when you get an update.

skiddyfisk

There is a 600 yard range in Grants Pass (http://www.jcsa-gunrange.com/), I've asked them to look into organizing an AS event but haven't heard back yet. I'd like to see one down here, Eagle Creek is a bit far :/