News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thanks to everyone at the Ramseur (Oct 20/21) Appleseed!

Started by alaaper, October 21, 2012, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaaper

I just wanted to post a huge THANKS! to all the volunteers at the Appleseed this weekend!
THANKS!!!!
You folks are great, and really know your stuff.
I learned a lot this weekend. I can't wait to take what I learned out into the field throughout hunting season.
I will be back for another, once my son's shoulder heals up.  I can't wait.
I called my brother way up in Canada, and told him about it.  He is already thinking about taking a trip down.

Thanks again!
-Tony

TreadwCare

I want to echo those comments, this weekend I got the best marksmanship instruction I have ever received, in years of scouting, youth programs, NRA courses, et cetera.  Top notch y'all.

The History of the People, delivered in such an impassioned way, was the real value though.  Can't wait to get out there again and try the KD range - though I didn't even miss it this weekend.

Can't wait to do it again.

trow

Definitely- big thanks to all who helped w/ the instruction and history.

Botbasher

Well, we appreciate the kudos, but I have to give credit where credit is due.... the Instructors are great (I have been on both sides of the line now) but they are only 1/2 the equation. The students, like the instructors, that check the egos at the gate make it possible for us to give you the fundamental tools that will allow you to start on your journey to Rifleman and beyond!  O0

Old habits are hard to break and to watch the students release them over the course of the weekend, learn and embrace proper techniques and watch the groups shrink and the smiles get bigger  ;D, makes the long days enjoyable!

The history portion of the weekend is incredible too. I was awestruck the 1st time I heard those stories. I was upset that such vital parts of our heritage were sanitized for mass consumption or adapted to suit the current environment. Watching the group sit and absorb the information and then hearing the "I had no ideas..." and the "Can you imagine..." afterwards is the kind of fuel that keeps the program fired up!

You guys were all great and we appreciate your diligence and enthusiasm and hope to see you back again working on your Rifleman Patch (Winterseeds are coming!!) or wearing an Orange Hat!!

Cheers!

Ken

We have met the enemy and he is us. - Pogo the Possum

"The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

You know why nobody panic buys .30-06? Because a man with a .30-06 doesn't need to panic.

Sadman