News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Potosi, Wisconsin - 20,21Oct2012

Started by IXOYE, October 22, 2012, 12:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had excellent weather for our very first Appleseed in Potosi. There were six shooters on Saturday and three shooters on Sunday. Two shooters received their rifleman patch! Great job Jacob and Joe. We saw some excellent improvement with some first time shooters as well. Great job everyone! Hopefully next year we can get thirty shooters on the line.

I think Cob showed the most improvement on Saturday!

Jacob was our first rifleman of the weekend!

More standing shots. Fall colors in background were quite pleasing to the eye.

Liza did much better once we got her sling figured out for her.

Working on steady hold factors in prone.

Cob and Liza holding down the left end of the line.

Joe proved it can be done with a bolt.

Cob, great job on safety rule number three!

First time shooters learning sitting position.

Our two rifleman!

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

weareskint

Many thanks to Whiskers and Rex for the instruction and hospitality, and shouting over a series of trains to share the history. Rex, great photography, you did us all justice, and more thanks for making a vanful of target stands. I'm proud to have made it, and glad I stuck with the iron sights (thanks to Dragonfly for encouraging me to do so). Thanks also to the SW sportsman's club for hosting, and running interference with club members that didn't know what Appleseed was, and why a bunch of shooters were flopping around trying to find a POA. And congrats to Joe for making it happen with a bolt.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

-Thomas Jefferson

Whisker

Was real nice to just hop on a raft, float down the mississippi, and be at the shoot in Potosi in a few hours.

Rex had it all set up and ready to go.

Thanks to Nancy for getting the event rolling at the Southwestern Wisconsin Sportsman's Club.  They have an excellent facility, and there is room to easily fit 50 shooters on the line.  We'll have to do that soon.

Great job to Cob, Baruch, and Will on Saturday.  Come back for another weekend and I'm sure we'll see some patches soon!  Liza on Sunday scored a 197 I believe.  We had put almost 700 rnds downrange by 2pm on Sunday, so trigger fingers were fatigued!  I hope to see you again Liza.. Your Riflewoman patch awaits!!

Real glad Jacob and Joe pushed over the 210 mark and took some patches home. 

Joe- stay in touch about some Cedar Rapids area shoots.  Both you and Jacob would have warmer heads with some orange hats on top.  You've earned em, and we need your help in the area so PM me about it!!

Hope we get to come back to Potosi... epic 50 shooter lines await!

Thanks all...
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

AFTERMATH

Go figure - Whisker gets all the dramatic entries!

Sounds like a great weekend!  Congratulations Rifleman!

Don't let the American Revolution ever die.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]