News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2012 shoot schedule planning thread

Started by dwarven1, October 17, 2012, 11:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

First off - to reiterate, I've resigned as State Coordinator and I'll probably not be acting as an SB or Instructor until sometime next summer.

However, to help our Regional Coordinator, VietVet, out, I've put together a tentative schedule (depending on approval of Leyden Rifle Club (Harvard has already confirmed)) below. I've cc'd the MA shoot bosses, active & inactive, already, so they know what is coming up for next year.

Harvard Sportsman's Club - February 16-17 (Winterseed!! Shoot in the snow and ice! If we have any snow and ice this winter, that is...)

Harvard Sportsman's Club - April 20-21 (big one - Patriot's Day weekend)
Leyden Rifle Club - April 20-21 (big one - Patriot's Day weekend - if we can get through all the snow and mud up to the range that early in the spring!)

Leyden Rifle Club - May 11-12

Harvard Sportsman's Club - June 1-2 - don't depend on this one - just found out about a conflict at HSC. Dwarven1 11/1/12
Harvard Sportsman's Club - June 29-30

Leyden Rifle Club - July 13-14

Harvard Sportsman's Club - August 3-4

Harvard Sportsman's Club - September 14-15
Leyden Rifle Club - September 28-29

Harvard Sportsman's Club - October 19-20

Leyden Rifle Club - November 2/3 (this is opposite NorthEastShooter's Pumpkin Blast... again.)

Note - this is a pretty aggressive schedule, given that we've had a bit of attrition on shoot bosses (me, crak & Mike93LX) and instructors. But there are a bunch of new folks on line, so I think it's doable.

Mansfield Fish & Game and Sippican Rod & Gun is not on this yet - I'll try and see if we can get a shoot in each of those sometime time in the summer next year, though.

Instructors & IITs - if you've got an idea for another club, go and see if you can get them lined up for next year! We really could use another club in addition to the ever-loyal Leyden Rifle Club out west - maybe Lee Sportsman's? Nenamasek in Ware? Where do YOU shoot?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

goodpiper

The Leyden Rifle Clubs Fall meeting approved 5 dates for next year.

April 20-21 contingent on being able to get to the range

May 11-12

July 13-14

Sept. 14-15

Nov. 2-3

The April date will be a week before the spring work-be so we'll just have to take what we find.

It was also gratifying, during the meeting, that when discussions with the local planning board  came up. Appleseed was a non-negotiable subject. O0

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON