News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA OCT 20-21, 2012--AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, October 23, 2012, 03:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Sacramento, CA AAR Oct. 20-21

Weather....Perfect.  Saturday 78-80, Sunday maybe 70.

The 20 Americans came out to learn marksmanship and hear some history on Saturday did so in weather that was just about perfect...highs some where between 78-80 with a light breeze. 

We got started with the safety briefing, then, turned on the fire hose of knowledge... As we progressed, groups started shrinking.  I heard several comments about how much the sling helped their groups. 

We broke for lunch and told the strikes.  Great job done by the instructors telling them!

Then it was back to the line and a more teaching...

On our only AQT of the day, Walter showed he knows what he is about...scoring a 223!!

Final Red Coat and benediction.

Handed out some very well earned young patriot patches.  Awarded Walter his Rifleman patch...

Then I had the honor of promoting Lagboy to Red Hat.  WAY TO GO SCOTT!!!  The new hat looks great!!

Sunday was cloudy and cool. 

12 shooters came out on Sunday.  We reviewed safety and got started with the rest of the review.  Improvement was showing up and down the line...it was impressive.

We took a break for lunch and telling some stories about those Dangerous Old Men and some very Determined, Dangerous Dames. 

Back to the line and the AQT's, Melissa posted the first rifleman score, a nice 220, Walter showed that the 223 wasn't a fluke as he posted a 216.  A little while later, John decided he needed a bath (as if the brief sprinkles of the day weren't enough) and posted a 210!!!

Those of you who were knocking on the door, keep practicing and come back out again!

We awarded Rifleman patches.  Walter and Melissa decided to step up and take the orange hats.  So we add another brother and sister to the Sacramento crew.  Their dad Vinnie (also an instructor) was very proud.

So ends another wonderful Appleseed with wonder people...

BIG THANKS TO MY INSTRUCTORS, YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME!!!!

Vinnie

THANKS TO ALL FOR A VERY FUN AND REWARDING WEEKEND... LOOKING FORWARD TO NOVEMBER!  :)

Neve

Thanks to all the shooters and instructors for making it out. Also a big thanks goes to norcal22gal and eaglescouter for making the trip down from Redding, you are an inspiration for us all.
Congrats to all who know very well what they are about especially Lagboy for his new red hat. You deserve it man!
All in all, it was another great weekend on the trail  ;D

Lagboy

Wow Vinnie! Nice photo spread. I must say this was a truly awesome weekend. I would like to thank all the shooters and instructors for coming out y'all were splendid.

Congratulations to those who made rifleman, and those who didn't, keep practicing cause I hope to see y'all back out there soon ya hear!  ^:)^

Neve, I'll expect you to earn your red hat before the year is over.   ~~:)

See y'all out on the trail--Lagboy
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Lagboy

Walter is walking away from the target like he is expecting it to explode behind him Hollywood style **)

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Walter

Regardless of what the situation is, you're always better off wearing your sling on your arm than putting your ear protection in.

Nero

Isn't it amazing what a Garand can do!?   **)  Or have we started letting AT-4s on the line?
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

NorCal22Gal

Great pic you guys...Lagboy is right...Walter does look like he's just set the explosive and now it's time to walk away and let the fun begin.

Love your creative redo Walter!!   ;D 

Laurie

Walter

Quote from: Nero on October 24, 2012, 11:13:54 PM
Isn't it amazing what a Garand can do!?   **)  Or have we started letting AT-4s on the line?
Never underestimate the power of the .30-06

Vinnie

Maybe Appleseed Could Have a Sponsor:

Missy

Photos from Saturday

Missy

And some more from Saturday

Missy

Saturday Morning I had to stop on the way to the range and snap this shot.

Vinnie

Walter

Looks like one of those desktop wallpaper photos. Flawless picture.

Melissa

eaglescouter

Another fine weekend of Appleseeding with a great instructor corps and terrific participants.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Cavalier2233

Had a great time at this Appleseed. Watching the smiles get bigger as the groups got smaller was priceless.  Looking forward to the next one.