News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kintyre,ND October 6-7, 2012 AAR

Started by JOEMORGAN, October 09, 2012, 08:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOEMORGAN

16 Shooters braved the elements and took in a mixture of marksmanship training and history this weekend. Congratulations to the new Riflemen Cora, Loretta, and Andrew W.   Many other shooters were knocking on the door by the end of the weekend. Thanks to Alex and Mr.Fixit....I enjoyed working with you both. And a special thanks to the Bornemann Family (Robert, Dawn, Cora, Andrew, and Jacob) for everything. Deb and myself look forward to attending another event at your beautiful home.

Photos to follow.......  :)
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

DebH

Want to thank the Borneman family for their hospitality this past weekend.  They held an Appleseed at their home in Kintyre, ND.  The weather was a little windy and cold.  Even woke up to snow Saturday morning.  16 shooters braved the weather.  3 Rifleman made it and others knocking at the door.   

Congratulations to Cora, Loretta and Andrew W. for making Rifleman.  It was worth the long drive and facing the weather.  Wonderful people.  Look forward to attending another Appleseed in North Dakota.

DebH   ^:)^

JOEMORGAN

Here's the first of the pictures as promised......
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

JOEMORGAN

2nd installment of photos......

JOEMORGAN

Here's some more photos.......

TruTenacity

Now that is the most inventive berm ever!!!

Some of these need to be used for promotions.

Nice work shootin'.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

JOEMORGAN

Yes TT  quite a setup...when I saw the photos from August  I told myself we got to get out there and see this setup. The back berm is actually double deep(8 ft.). And they take care not to post target backers at the seams. A porta-toliet was built and added this shoot so it's a great venue located in the middle of ND. Plus the Bornemann family are wonderful people....I encourage anyone in the area to check it out!  :)

Final pics.....

MrFixit

Hi Mike and Deb,
I am speaking for my whole family here and we all LOVED having you 2 here.  You were constantly a GREAT help in all that you did.  Thanks, too, for all of the food that you brought to share.  WOW--that was an immense blessing and we enjoyed it even after you left!  BTW--your salad dressing is in my frig if you wondered where it went.   ;)
I appreciated your help on the line, Mike, more than you know.  I still have trouble remembering everything so you were a big blessing--especially when I jumped in at the last minute for a rapid fire.    ::)  Deb, you are a great organizer--an immense help to us all!
I was a bit upset with the snow but super thankful that we got the shop insulated last Fall.  It would have been pretty rough fitting all of those folks into our house like we did 3 years ago when we needed to thaw out. 
Once again, thank you for all that you did to make our shoot a success.  I hope that you'll come again when it works out for you!
Dawn for the Bornemanns