News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bellevue, MI - October 20-21, 2012

Started by Rascal21, October 14, 2012, 02:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Photos are up here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.289020814541428.62582.240556109387899&type=1&l=d2e5e30da8

Please like the Project Appleseed - Michigan page while you are there.

If you have more, please post them here.

Hope to see you all back in November.

mac66

So........is there a report that goes with this?
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Tigress

Hello all,

All I can say is WOW!

I first learned about Project Appleseed from a very nice young lady at the Birch Run gun show a few weeks back.  After I learned more about it on the website, I signed up for the Bellevue event on Oct. 20-21.  I used the information available online to prepare my equipment so I would be set on the day of the shoot.  When I arrived I was greeted by several smiling faces as I was checked in.  After everyone arrived and introductions were made, the instruction started.  To say I was impressed by the level of safety, knowledge, professionalism, and personal enthusiasm would be a huge understatement.  I could tell from the start how much each instructor loved what they were doing.  For my part I made a poor start on my first red coat target.  As the day went on my shooting improved a lot, and I shot a 179 on my first AQT.  I was pleased. but I could tell on the follow through that I was doing things that were leading to shots outside of the main groupings.  Again the staff gave me pointers and I did a little better.  When we shot the first AQT on Sunday morning I didn't know how to score it but thought I did pretty well.  Unfortunately my back gave out shortly after lunch so I stopped shooting for the day.  Later on I found out to my surprise that I managed to score Rifleman with a score of 216.  I was shocked and very happy at the same time.  Greywolf presented me with my patch, and I sat down and looked at it and my target proudly.

A few added points:
*The history lessons I found very interesting.  I really liked the way that Bee Free acted out her lesson, it made it very personal.  Greywolf and Pinky also did a great job in holding my interest.
*Thumbs up to SamIam  :)  For a young instructor in training, she did an awesome job!!

Will I be attending another Appleseed event?  Most definitely!  I am already signed up for the Lapeer event and hope to be able to make the final Bellevue date as well.

ps: I am trying to get some people from work to come as well, but I'm not sure if they will brave the cold weather coming.   HeHe maybe in the spring.

Thank you for the wonderful weekend,
Kat

Graywolf

Saturday was chilly and rainy.  We were expecting around 21 shooters but the weather may have kept the number down as we had only 13 shooters on Saturday and 15 on Sunday.  BUT, what a great time we had!

Hats off to all the shooters who braved the weather and chill wind to learn about our heritage as Americans.  I was particularly proud of all of our young shooters.  They never missed a call to the line and did not complain about weather, wet, mud, or hot brass.  One of our youngsters on the sniper bags even scored rifleman!  Way to go Jackson!

Congrats to Kat for scoring rifleman.  She came ready to get the job done and did it!  Congrats also to Richard for showing everyone it can be done again!  Well done to both of you! Ti is knocking on the door as well and I'm sure the next shoot will be the one.  All of our shooters showed great improvement over the weekend with tighter groups, and higher AQT scores.  No redcoat is safe around any of these shooters.

Lastly, I'd like to thank the instructors.  BeeFree and Superheat really did most of the heavy lifting this weekend and I admire their dedication and all that they do during a shoot.  Pinkey and Sam-I-Am were great with the one on one instruction.  Rascal took the registration/admin duties to a whole new level.  LadyE, the new Bluehat, stepped right up and got it done.  It was a pleasure to work with you all.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Superheat

Another wonderful weekend at Bellevue.  It was great to meet so many great Americans.  Congratulations to Jackson on scoring Sniper and Kat on her rifleman score and for reading the Madam Yotnottin's story.
Ty you are so close.  Next time let us know your coming and we will bring a shooter for ya.
Kevin, good luck shopping. You did good on the tuber bolt.
We had two rifles break and in true Appleseed spirit the students just grabbed another one and kept going.
Thanks to Richard for the youth stocks.  Your generosity is appreciated.
Rascal, wonderful job. Do you ever get tired?  Red bull I bet..
I can't make the next one.  :-[   I will be back to Bellevue in 2013.

wizard

What a great weekend.  Fun; informative, and surrounded by great people.  My third appleseed and I am  learning one or two new subtleties at each event.  This time I think I mastered trigger reset  (Thank you Greywolf, and congrats)  and am getting closer to getting NPOA.  NPOA is so natural to Beefree she had a hard tine NOT getting it for a demo.  Superheat was super cool, as was the rest of the Appleseed family.  Special thanks to Scorpion and his family for making me feel welcome and looking out for me while I was at their home range.  Kat, you Rock, and with a bolt gun no less.  Ti gets it and we will see him again I'm sure.  The history lessons were well done and drew me in emotionally.  Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, skills, and making me feel like a part of the appleseed family. 
I get things done because I get things done.