News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

USA Prepares Self Reliance Expo, Springfield, MO Nov. 4-5

Started by Patriot Gal, October 10, 2012, 01:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Come on Missouri!!!!  "Show me" you can get out there and spread the word of Project Appleseed!!!  We have a nation to save and need to spread the message.  (Can you say  Paul Revere?)  We are the modern day Paul Reveres, spreading the message of April 19th 1775.  How can America hear the message if we don't tell them!!!!!

I received this PM a week ago and contacted several folks via PM for this great promotional opportunity.  So far, a few have indicated interest in attending. 
We need people to get over to Springfield and man an AS table to tell the attendees about the AS program.  These  people are probably the most receptive people  in the entire country. 

Please consider helping out here.  You can let MtnManPrepper know.  He is available to help as indicated in his letter below.
Patriot Gal

QuoteMy name is Peter Kula (MtnManPrepper) and I live in the Denver, CO area. This message results from a conversation I had with Fred this afternoon regarding the USA Prepares Self Reliance Expo www.usaprepares.com. Fred felt this event may provide MO and surrounding areas a boost for volunteers and attendance. As a result, I have perused the organizer and secured a spot for AS.  The organizer is providing the booth space at no cost to RWVA and we have been invited to participate on a live radio program next Tuesday.  According to some, this is the largest and who's who of events like it.

Currently, Fred is working on the budget for the event and determining resources to allocate. How we have been handling these expos nationally is that I and/or Jim & Kim (prone_to_knit/oneshot_onehole) have organized and handled logistics and pre-event details and our attendance for at the event.  Participation from each state has been in the form of AS volunteers to staff the booth and local help for last minute items. For this particular Expo, we will likely not bring the pellet rifle range which will reduce the number of people required to staff the booth. Ideally, 3-6 people are necessary to staff a booth w/o the pellet range. If Fred is able to fund the transport for the range we will need 6-15 people.  Jim and Kim are unable to attend this Expo and I am tentative at the moment.

Would you be in a position to help gather folks to commit to these dates? In our experience, we've had apprehension of ASers to sign up because this is Public Relations related. We always provide on the job training at these so they are not left to "hang in the wind" by signing up.
I've committed AS to be on the radio show next Tuesday (10/9) at 11am central should you like to tune in. We will have a full hour to talk about our program and our mission. You can get to the radio program through their web site www.usaprepares.com.

Our hope is that you may have people resources to staff this event and thoughts how to pull off a win for MO and AR. The crowd will likely be ripe for recruiting volunteers...
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Jungle George

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Mother Cobbler

I would be able to go, we are having an AS in Centerton, AR but Umdaddy, Smiler, Kat, and Libby will be there to help Hornett41.
I live 2 hours from Springfield.
I looked at the website and I think the dates are Nov. 3-4 (which works better for me.)
Thanks
Mother Cobbler

Jungle George

Okay do we have someone showing up with the promotional stuff?

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

MtnManPrepper

Yes, I will bringing promotional items that we use in other similar venues. Right now working to get a roll call of those who will be in a position to work the event and what days we will have coverage. Ratchett has indicated she will bring the ARGirl trade show backer...

MtnManPrepper
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."
~Mark Twain

Ratchett

Will roll in Thursday and work all weekend.

IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Survival Doc

It looks like will be attending the Springfield Expo and can help out manning the booth/table. The very first Expo in Springfield was where I first learned about Appleseed, so this is a chance for me to give something back. I have LOTS of brochures and a brochure holder that I will bring with me.
Doc

Survival Doc

Greetings All,
  I had a great time at the Expo. Thanks to all. I do have one problem though. It seems that I lost my video camera toward the end of that last day and I'm thinking I may have left it on the table at the Appleseed booth. If anyone knows the whereabouts of my video camera please let me know. It is about the size of an I-phone, but it is not a phone but a Kodak video camera, in a black padded case.
Thanks,
"Survival Doc"
Phone 314-298-1882