Author Topic: Appleseed display for office  (Read 999 times)

Offline Fabricator

• RWVA Instructor
Appleseed display for office
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:56:02 PM »
   Greetings,

While discussing Appleseed with a local gun shop owner/friend, I asked him if I could set up a small promotional display in his store here in my hometown of Gainesville GA.   I haven't finished the parts for him yet, but made my shop office the Guinea pig.  I am looking for ideas/critique, and was thinking of making a small display for brochures, headed up with the flier.  Nearby/incorporated, I was thinking about a wall-pocket full of "redcoats" or "Quick-N-dirty's".  I will take care of making sure they stay stocked, and may place a note to the tune of whatever the target cost is, as I am not interested in making a profit, just insuring their availability. 

Below is the first thing visitors to my fabrication and machine shop see when they walk into the office:

Within minutes of setting it up, I was visited by a pair of Hall County GA Sheriff's officers that were inquiring about the steel targets we make for their range; the Appleseed targets caught their eye; a great conversation about the discipline of rifle marksmanship and history resulted.   They left with several AQT's, a few Redcoats and a smile that promised they would give them a try!   I hope this is acceptable and look forward to input into making it more streamlined. 

Kindest regards,

Fabricator

�The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.�
- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Offline colycat

• Master Instructor, Central Plains coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • Willing to go down range
Re: Appleseed display for office
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
Looks great. as do the custom SS target holders O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine