News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

QUIZ QUESTIONS

Started by Old Glory!, November 09, 2012, 12:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

WE NEED YOUR INPUT!

DESIGN AT LEAST 1, MULTIPLE CHOICE APPLESEED SAFETY QUESTION
i.e.
1.  Always keep your muzzle _____________
   a.  in your rifle case
   b.  attached to your rifle
   c.  in a safe direction
   d.  shiny         
(sheesh...ya'll can do better than that :slap:)

AND AT LEAST 1, MULTIPLE CHOICE HERITAGE QUESTION.
i.e.
1.  Where did the American Revolution begin?
  a.  England
  b.  Bunker Hill
  c.  In the hearts and minds of the colonists
  d.  Detroit

WE HAVE A HEALTH FAIR TO DO THIS SATURDAY, AND NEED TO CREATE A QUIZ PRONTO.    ..:..

THE 4 BEST QUESTION/ANSWER SUBMISSIONS IN EACH CATEGORY WILL BE RICHLY REWARDED.  >:D

READY.....SET......GO!!!!   :---
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Kosciusko

what did Paul Revere cry out as he rode to Lexington?

the british are coming

the regulars are out

does anybody know if this is the road to lexington

the war has begun

who fired the first shots at Lexington?

the militia

the redcoats

the townsfolk

nobody knows

When did the Revolution end ?

never

Publican

DESIGN AT LEAST 1, MULTIPLE CHOICE APPLESEED SAFETY QUESTION:
As a shooter, who is responsible for making sure those around you follow the safety rules?
A-You
2-The Range Safety Officer
miney-The Line Safety Officer
D-All of the above

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AND AT LEAST 1, MULTIPLE CHOICE HERITAGE QUESTION:
Death on a Pale Horse was:
-Dysentery which killed thousands on both sides
-Some old guy riding a pale horse who sniped at the Redcoats from distances where they could not hit him
-Diarrhea
-The nickname given to Paul Revere after his famous ride

I am not responsible for any bad information here ;D
"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican

hinermad

Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a rifle that has been made safe?
a) The bolt is open
b) The rifle is being held only by the sling.
c) A chamber flag is in the rifle's chamber.
d) The magazine has been removed.

When Paul Revere was detained by British troops, why was he released?
a) He whined like a child until they couldn't take it any more.
b) They were afraid of the sound of gunfire and bells, and fled.
c) He showed symptoms of dysentery.
d) He agreed to spy on the colonists for them.

Dave

Trig

how do you measure the value of liberty?
a) with a graduated liberty cylinder
b) by how much the government will provide for you.
c) by how many people turn out to vote.
d) by what you are willing to sacrafice to keep it.

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Fred

Shooting is:

A. The only sport endorsed by the Founders

B. An American Tradition

C. A skill pivotal to the history of our country

D. All of the above

If you can read this without a British accent,

A. Thank a politician

B. Thank a reporter

C. Thank a Hollywood star

D. Thank a Rev War veteran

The Founders placed their trust, their faith, their hope for the future

A. In politics

B. In Congress

C. In the President

D. In the Supreme Court

E. In the American people

The foundation of liberty in this country, in fact, the entire future of the Revolution, pivoted on

A. British success in defending Canada in 1776, forcing Americans to refocus on the original 13 colonies

B. The defeat of the British invasion force in Charleston Harbor in June, 1776, delaying the British invasion of the south for over three years

C. British success in enlisting Indians into their cause, with the resulting atrocities enraging the colonists, and therefore motivating them to fight on to victory

D. A single rifle shot by a member of Morgan's Riflemen at Saratoga, knocking a British general off his horse, and causing the British line to break and run

(This is fun! :) )
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Fred on November 09, 2012, 11:51:46 AM

Shooting is:

A. The only sport endorsed by the Founders

B. An American Tradition

C. A skill pivotal to the history of our country

D. All of the above

If you can read this without a British accent,

A. Thank a politician

B. Thank a reporter

C. Thank a Hollywood star

D. Thank a Rev War veteran

The Founders placed their trust, their faith, their hope for the future

A. In politics

B. In Congress

C. In the President

D. In the Supreme Court

E. In the American people

The foundation of liberty in this country, in fact, the entire future of the Revolution, pivoted on

A. British success in defending Canada in 1776, forcing Americans to refocus on the original 13 colonies

B. The defeat of the British invasion force in Charleston Harbor in June, 1776, delaying the British invasion of the south for over three years

C. British success in enlisting Indians into their cause, with the resulting atrocities enraging the colonists, and therefore motivating them to fight on to victory

D. A single rifle shot by a member of Morgan's Riflemen at Saratoga, knocking a British general off his horse, and causing the British line to break and run

(This is fun! :) )

Too bad we can't require that people answer these correctly before they receive a ballot... #)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]