News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, Ohio - Sept. 29/30, 2012

Started by slim, September 30, 2012, 11:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Too tired to post..... will return tomorrow.

In the mean time, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences, photos, etc.

Unbridled Liberty

Good to see you again Slim, Boadicea and Slow2Speak.  Nice meeting you DangerousD, Corvette and DirtDawg.  Would have stayed, but thanks to DD, I did appreciate having a Sunday off!

I enjoyed working with all you shooters on Saturday.  I'd be willing to bet that several of you made Rifleman (or re-qualified), based on what I saw on Saturday.  I did take a couple pics...

I hope you all take the lessons of our history and heritage to heart, and get active to save our Republic.  "The Redcoats* are out, and something must be done."

UL

*Our Redcoats = Laziness, Apathy and Ignorance.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Ledfoot

Slim

thanks for running such a great event - and thanks to all the Orange hats for keeping us in line (pun intended). Great story telling - Slow2speak has quite the talent for it. I had a great time again and look forward to coming out soon and proudly wearing an Orange hat...

Coincidentally, a friend sent me a link to a Youtube movie on Sunday, while we were at the shoot. I hadn't seen this before, but it's a great story about 911 and shows what can still happen when ordinary folks decide to get involved. The spirit of Colonial America is still here - just sleeping...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MDOrzF7B2Kg?rel=0

Ledfoot.

The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, ... or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press.

Thomas Jefferson

dirtdawg

=

Corvette

What a great weekend! Weather -- perfect, Club -- fantastic, Bfast and lunch buffets -- beyond good, Shooters focused and fun.  Doesn't get any better.  The shelter area was outstanding for our camp out  and falling asleep to the calls of the coyotes was special.  How blessed we all are to live in a country where we can experience a weekend like the one we just had.

Kudos to he shooters for two days of hard work and a million thanks to our border raiders from Ky and In for helping on the line. Slow To Speak's Dangerous Old Men was classic and Slim was at his usual heart tugging best.

I am sure that we will see many of you again on the Appleseed line.  There are more Riflemen and Riflewomen among you than we made this weekend.  Persistence pays, stick with it, dry fire at home, think about the six steps and bring a friend with you when you come to your next Appleseed.  We will be waiting for you and will help you master the AQT.

To Slim, Unbridled Liberty, Botecia, Slow To Speak, Dirtdawg and Dangerous D it is my honor to work with folks that "know very well what they are about". I learn at every shoot and this was no exception.

See you all at the next Willmington AS.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Oakley-wannabe

Thanks to Slim, as always, for an awesome event. Thanks to everyone else for everything they did to make it happen. Congratulations to Emily for surviving the hazing of getting stuck with me for most of Saturday!
After I got over being totally frustrated with myself and my new rifle, I had a great time.
The highlights for me were Slim's squirt gun demonstration, which was very helpful to me, as a non-math person and Slow2Speak's wonderful version of my favorite story, Dangerous Old Men.
I can't wait for the next one and am seriously considering joining CCFSA. Even though it is 50 miles from my house, it is a beautiful drive and a great range.  :)
~Laura

Ledfoot

Slim sent me this pic - of me symbolically taking on the Orange hat - symbolically because I borrowed DirtDawg's hat for the photo-op... Gonna be at the Miamisburg AS event Nov 3-4, so hope to see some of you Ohian Appleseeders again there...
The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, ... or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press.

Thomas Jefferson

Oakley-wannabe

I am going to the Miamisburg AS event, too. If there are tickets left, someone may want to post about it on OFCC.  :)
~Laura