News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station TX Sept 29-30 2012

Started by sleepy Joe, October 01, 2012, 11:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy Joe

It was a wet weekend but we persisted and 4 shooters showed up on Saturday and all returned plus 3 more for 7 shooters on Sunday.
it drizzled most of the day and  on Saturday and off and on on Sunday. No new riflemen but a lot of instruction. Dry fire and 7th step

Unitl next event

Sleepy Joe
By the numbers

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Rain and mud? It is starting to resemble the Appleseed Mudfest (tm) Shoot like famous College Station Appleseeds of the past. I don't like my camera to get wet, so fewer pics at this shoot.

We faced some challenges at this shoot, the most prominent one being rifles without sling swivels! Zip ties and USGI slings with MFI HK style clips were the most effective solution we had.

Fortunately we had no lightening during the shoot, so shooting occurred despite the almost constant rain on Saturday.

Ball and dummy drill.

Final Redcoat target Saturday afternoon.

I'll get the Sunday pictures posted soon.

ETA - There won't be anymore pics - the drive they were stored on took a hit. Every RWVA picture I have taken since 2007 is now corrupted.  :wb: :'(
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.