News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mason, WI September 29-30, 2012

Started by Taylor, October 01, 2012, 01:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

What a way to spend a beautiful Fall weekend in Northern Wisconsin...sharing our Heritage of Marksmanship and recounting the Heroic Patriots of April 19, 1775 who gave us the Gift of Liberty and Freedom that we enjoy today. My goosebumps still have goosebumps.

Thak you to Eric and Kitten, our Host and Hostess, who are truly 21st Century Patriots. I can't think of much more to say about a guy (with his lovely wife's urging) who upon hearing that the target line was a little crowded due to Sunday's new students proceeded to jump on his skidsteer and immediately address the situation in the morning's fog. This is after spending several hours Saturday evening after the event had concluded dressing up the firing line with several loads of fill. In addition to carving out and fine tuning a range in your backyard, your generous donation of $10 for each Rifleman this weekend will be reinvested to help spread the Appleseed Message.

Congratulations to new Riflemen/Riflewomen...Morgan 228, Chad 216, Ethan 212, Leah 211 and Jon 221. Hats off to Eric (our gracious host) who requalified at 227. Everyone else on the line showed that they have what it takes to make Rifleman very shortly if they persist  which I know they will because they all have the Spirit of the Rifleman within them. Persevere Karen, Janice, Elsa, Nancy, Kitten, David, Angela, Nate, AJ, Joe, Dave and Isac. I hope that I have the honor of awarding your Rifleman Patch to you.

Further congratulations to BugginOut our new Red Hat Instructor, Ethan our new Orange Hat Instructor in Training and CalamityJenn (Ethan's Mom) who moved up to IIT2.

I cannot say enough about our Instructor/IIT crew. Thank you and another job well done Martin, RustyRed, BugginOut and CalamityJenn. You guys are the greatest.

Lots of pics (couldn't get enough of the fall colors) so several installments to follow.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

dragonfly

WOW, super job Guys  O0  :~

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Taylor

Final pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

crash

way to go Rob and way to go ethan!!!  Looks like a great time! 
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

boscohurn

Looks like a great weekend for a shoot.  Work is such an inconvenience.....
I think I recognize a few guys from Spooner, way to persist gentlemen and congrats  ^:)^

RustyRed

All I can say is "WOW"  We all had the best time ever! what a Great group of Americans
met so many new friends,I sure hope to meet up with you all again soon!!I want to congrats to all the New Riflemen what a Great job you all did!
remember all you ladys I worked with DRYFIRE~and Thank you for the blueberry muffins for the way home, Loved them!
And congrats to Rob getting your Red Hat I was Happy to be there,
an for Ethan I am so happy that I was there to see you get RIFLEMEN I am very proud of you!
plus Ethan congrats on taking up the orange hat!

BugginOut

What a great shoot!  I had a great time with all the new and future riflemen!
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

martin

Don't forget the cinammin rolls!
  HUZZAH!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

cale

It is hard to put into words what an incredible time we had at Mason. From the perfect host(Taylor) to the great company of BugginOut. Martin, Rusty Red, Calamity Jenn and Ethan, it was awesome. And then to meet a whole family of shooters in one place and with the perfect hosts as part of that family was worth the long drive up there. The hosts went out of their way to make one of the best shoots anyone could ask for. The fall colors were exellant and the shoot boss and company made it a joy. They also were able to have 5 riflemen/riflewomen and 1 requalifier. Wow what a day! Also it was special for me because one of those riflemen was my grandson, whom I am very proud of. Thanks to all for a great day!        God bless you all            cale

MaverickAR6

I'm late to the party but... way to go everyone! ^:)^
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill