News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calguns > Appleseed sub forum - Roll Call

Started by pennys dad, March 23, 2012, 03:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Hey How many folks are on Calguns? > How many participate in the Appleseed sub forum?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

pennys dad

Hey

Why does the Calguns/Appleseed forum have more activity then here?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

Isnt here where we should be communicating and planning and stuff?

Foppish Dandy

I'm technically on there... don't think I've actually posted anything though.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

eaglescouter

Calguns Appleseed forum= outward facing, marketing opportunity.
Appleseed Forum = working board

Each has a role.
Both are of value.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

pennys dad

Quote from: eaglescouter on March 23, 2012, 04:40:23 PM
Calguns Appleseed forum= outward facing, marketing opportunity.
Appleseed Forum = working board

Each has a role.
Both are of value.

Agreed, but where is the working?

Scott1600

Frequent reader and infrequent poster on both. 
-Scott
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

Nero

I read both (I'm 'PurplePeople' on Calguns), but post over there more often, since it's a promo venue and also good for educating would-be first timers on what to expect, how to prepare, etc.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

aragornelessar86

Penny's Dad, instead of calling for others to "do stuff" on the forum, why don't you? Come up with topics of discussion that will help the CA goals move forward. You seem to have some idea that discussion here will do something, so start that discussion.
QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security

colycat

arogonelesseers,

PD is trying to get something going with the AS forum.  The forum is where we get all our info on AS and also has always been the glue that holds the program together as a nation program.

The idea that we have SC's who tell there instructors to stay off the forum is going to be the death of Appleseed.

coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

pennys dad

Quote from: aragornelessar86 on March 23, 2012, 06:47:31 PM
Penny's Dad, instead of calling for others to "do stuff" on the forum, why don't you? Come up with topics of discussion that will help the CA goals move forward. You seem to have some idea that discussion here will do something, so start that discussion.

:) I am working as fast as i can, now I just need others to jump in and help.  Coly hit the nail on the head at 400 yards in a KD :)
We need to get the glue sticky again, this board needs to be our Instructor home, we need to get communicating and planning and coordinating and just coming together.

Current Efforts:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28394.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28430.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28389.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28402.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28397.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28050.0

My short term thoughts are to get busy talking on this board, start asking for help and bringing topics forward.
I intend to follow this up with a plan b in a week or two and a plan c two weeks after that.
I also intend on doing a mass email with the CRPA and Calguns and bringing AS to a CRPA Family Fun Shoot my Calguns team and I are starting to plan in Sac Valley.
I got many thoughts rolling around in my head :-) 
I just need help, Hahahaha and somewhere in there I need to fit work, life and a PC4, oh and going to the range, playing with my dog and of course watching The walking Dead ;-)

I just need help.

Foppish Dandy

Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

colycat

Keep on going with this PD.  It will not be easy, but then again, you did not sign up for easy. 
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

V

Actually, the State boards are publically visible boards even to the unregistered - so they are publicitly, outward facing focus.

There is a board available to all instructors and IITs in CA called "The World of 210" which is where the "inside work" functions were supposed to happen. (This isn't just a CA thing, all the states have instructor viewable boards).

Of course, as I'm no longer officially an instructor I have no access to anything of use here so there's little I can do to help with what limited time I have...

...and then there's Calguns where I can try to contribute as a JoeQ public.

pennys dad

Thank You V, I didnt know the difference.  Should I pushing in the BoB210 and beyond space or here?  What are your thoughts?

V

Quote from: pennys dad on March 24, 2012, 09:20:22 AM
Thank You V, I didnt know the difference.  Should I pushing in the BoB210 and beyond space or here?  What are your thoughts?
Talk to Bob, I'm not involved on a day to day basis much anymore due to work...

Johnnyappleseed

After reading the applesed forum , I glance at cal-guns , mostly 2a or off topic lounge
Has any noticed the AS forum is getting more viewer?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

sn8ke-doc

Hi guys I'm new to both calguns and appleseed. I heard about Appleseed through calguns. I recently went to my first AS shoot and had a great time. The instructors where terrific. I have been shooting for along time but felt like I was a kid learning to shoot for the first time. I did not get my patch but that will change soon. I think having some sort of consistency with shoots would help to get the word out.

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: sn8ke-doc on March 26, 2012, 02:05:32 AM
Hi guys I'm new to both calguns and appleseed. I heard about Appleseed through calguns. I recently went to my first AS shoot and had a great time. The instructors where terrific. I have been shooting for along time but felt like I was a kid learning to shoot for the first time. I did not get my patch but that will change soon. I think having some sort of consistency with shoots would help to get the word out.

sn8ke,
welcome to Appleseed ,I enjoyed reading your 1st post  O0
Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the consistency with shoots  your post refers to.
Any help you can provide along those lines will further the cause of preserving the liberties achieved by the men and women we honor at shoots  :)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

sn8ke-doc

Hi Johnny, I just mean more events. Every month at the same range or every even month at the same range. I have been shooting and a member at burro canyon for 3 years and never heard about the Appleseed project. I don't know how long events have been going on there but I had never seen any signage there. I do see it now for calguns but don't remember any for The Appleseed Project. I think this is a great organization and the more we get our message out there the more we benefit. Anything I can do to help just ask I would be more than happy too.

Rocket Man

Those are good suggestions, and we're working on it...

Jerry at Burro Canyon now has some RWVA literature in the office.  I'm working on better signs when we do the shoots.  This is our third year there, and we have four more planned in 2012.  Takes some time, though!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

smogcity

Calgunner checking in.

Also Smogcity on Calguns, using my rifleman patch as an avitar  :)

I'm going to try to make the fathers day appleseed at Angeles and see if I can get my 10 year old son on the hunt for his patch!

InBox485

Inbox485 here. I've been both working and going to school full time, so I haven't been real active anywhere, but for reasons of sanity, I'm poking my head up for a bit.

Psych Doc

@) I'm on Calguns as rconnerley and actively promote my shoots, as well as, answer questions on the Appleseed thread there  @)

V

I'm V on calguns just like here.

Try to answer questions which crop up on the Appleseed Sub forum.

Cheers
V

dakine_surf