News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Roswell NM Oct 6-7

Started by oladcock, October 08, 2012, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

What a great weekend! 7 shooters had chilly overcast on Saturday with 6 returning Sunday to a chilly overcast breeze. It's such an honor to share a weekend with great Americans. Thanks to Roswell Gun Club for hosting us again and letting us use a great range.

The stories were told as the marksmanship improved. What a diverse bunch, Mil, LE, corporate pilot, spouses, and younguns, all found common ground, Americans all... We ended up with 3 Riflemen, Jeff, Steve, and Nathan, all first time at a seed, good shootin!! Liz and 11yo Spence was knocking at the door. Congratulations everyone!! I hope to see all of you back at another Appleseed with family, friends, and neighbors!

Thanks to our instructor core, top notch in every way...

Pictures to come....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

oladcock

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Carlson

I had a fantastic time this weekend.  I'm looking forward to the next one.   ^:)^

I drove up from El Paso, TX the night before.  It was 95 degrees at home friday.  The Temperature was in the 40s-50s all weekend.   It was quite a difference.   I think I may have to spend some time in the cold before any of the Winter 'seeds.

Some pics from Sunday.

O.L.

Spence listening intently to the instruction

Spence applying his new found rifleman's skills.

Nathan with his 10/22 Tactical

Sunday's Line  :---

Carlson

More Pics

Facial hair grows quickly when you are raised in the wild west.

DieslPwrd

Three new Riflemen on Sunday!  I can't say I'm surprised.  Despite the cold there was lots of good shooting on Saturday.  Glad to see the clouds parted for the Sunday shoot.   It was an honor to provide a little assistance to those on the line and an honor to work with such dedicated Instructors and IITs.  Congratulations to all shooters on their progress and achievement.
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

Spoon

Quote from: oladcock on October 08, 2012, 02:32:16 PM
What a great weekend! 7 shooters had chilly overcast on Saturday with 6 returning Sunday to a chilly overcast breeze. It's such an honor to share a weekend with great Americans. Thanks to Roswell Gun Club for hosting us again and letting us use a great range.

The stories were told as the marksmanship improved. What a diverse bunch, Mil, LE, corporate pilot, spouses, and younguns, all found common ground, Americans all... We ended up with 3 Riflemen, Jeff, Steve, and Nathan, all first time at a seed, good shootin!! Liz and 11yo Spence was knocking at the door. Congratulations everyone!! I hope to see all of you back at another Appleseed with family, friends, and neighbors!

Thanks to our instructor core, top notch in every way...

Pictures to come....O.L.

CONGRATS on a successful weekend!  You can see the focus in everyone's faces on the line and the pride from your 3 Riflemen.  Not a bad weekend for an 'old salt' and crew.

duc-dog

Great weekend!!!
    Speaking as a Minnesotan transplant I hate to say the weather was cold, but it sure felt like it could have been a winteer-seed don'tchya know.  A summer of triple digit temps kind of thins out the blood.  Amazing bunch of shooters and as always, a great instructor corps. Great job OL !! 

See you all at the next "seed".
             Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Appleseed Widow

What a wonderful weekend we had.  Cold, yes, but student and instructor alike endured the cold together and what a reward.  I have never been at a seed where we had three first timers acheive Rifleman!!!!  I was so impressed.  Liz and Spence are not far off, another seed or two and they both will be sporting a Rifleman patch.  I would love to set around a campfire and hear Jeff give us a talk about his family history......what a rich family tree he has!  Milt and I always feel so blessed by those we meet at Appleseeds.

It is always fun to reunite with our fellow instructors after a long summer waiting out the heat.  Heat, cold we are never satisfied I guess.......We hope to see you all at the November Appleseed.

Until we meet again!
Margie
aka Appleseed Widow