News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tuscaloosa, AL Oct 13-14, 2012

Started by cadman, October 15, 2012, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadman

Another great Appleseed.

I couldn't have asked for a more attentive group.  Whether teaching shooting skills or history and heritage, your attention never wavered.  What a pleasure.

Little time had to be spent going over material a second or third time as shooters absorbed what was said and applied it.  Because of this safety violations were nil.  Only once or twice did someone forget to put their "safety" on through the entire weekend.

We had several shooters than came close; however, on Saturday we did have one who demonstrated that he knew what he was about and scored a 214, and did so with a bolt action rifle.  Congrats to you, Brian.

Unfortunately some could not return on Sunday.  To them, our Sunday only shooter, as well as everyone else, continue to practice.  You now have the knowledge and with practice it will come together.

Also, please don't forget to share your experience with others and invite them to an Appleseed.  Our next one in the area will be 10/27-28 in Columbiana at the Shelby County Sheriff's Training Center.  You can also invite family and friends that live in other states to go to the Appleseed website and find a location near them to attend.

My only regret is that there were empty places on the firing line which also meant that other Americans could have been there and learned more about their heritage.  We'll have to work on that in the future.

If you have any comments that could improve a future Appleseed, please post them here or send an instructor a PM (the instructors were:  4merUSMC1803, Duhon, and CADMAN).  We are always looking for a better way.

Thank you and congratulations to each of you for a job well done!  I look forward to seeing you on another Appleseed firing line.

CADMAN