News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Northwoods, IA 9/15-16 AAR

Started by Cooper, September 19, 2012, 12:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Mainly intended as a placeholder for the expressions of joy and happiness that will soon fill this thread regarding the AWESOME Appleseed Event this last weekend... I've been out of the clinic for a week and there have been many things that have kept me late, and now I need to work on shrinking photos to post and ways to describe an amazingly productive and personally satisfying event in north central Iowa...

Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Privateer

Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......

Kosciusko

Quote from: Privateer on September 19, 2012, 01:26:02 AM
There's woods in Iowa?  :slap:

sort of, mostly small groves interspersed w/ lots of corn fields

I didn't see any deer, but they are around. Other wildlife seemed abundant.

36g  and myself could have bagged a dozen wild turkey that were sauntering along the roadside

it was a good shoot.  small, but quite  productive

k

36g

Thank you to all of the shooters for coming out and enjoying the beautiful weather and for allowing us to share the history and shooting techniques. Congratulations to those who scored Rifleman and to those who witnessed a significant increase in score from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon.

Privateer

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at the office.  A good day at the range? PRICELESS!!!!!  Great shootin'!!!
Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......

loves2hunt59