News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After Action Report, Ottawa,ILL

Started by colycat, July 04, 2008, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voortrekker

:o  WOW!!!  :o

Good job Ottawa!

Reading the AAR and looking at the pics looks like y'all had a terrific time!

The range looks great too!

Thanks for the good read and outstanding photos!

Keep it going in Ottawa!

From TX,

Brett

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

cannonman61

Quote from: The Guy on July 12, 2008, 07:46:34 PM
Sheesh, someone remind me to tuck my hair up under my cap before I do something in front of a camera....

This waiting for my hair to get long enough to pull into a Revolutionary War pony tail is getting old, and making me look more scruffy than normal....

Thanks for the pics M.E.!

Hey now!

They were not pony tails! They were ques.

But you are right. You weren't that scruffy looking at Taccoa or Minerva.  ;)
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Garand69

Sheesh, someone remind me to tuck my hair up under my cap before I do something in front of a camera....

;D look on the bright side, I have the whole double chin thing going, man I am glad I'm going back to work Monday! another week or two, I'd need a new wardrobe! ;D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

colycat

BIG problem Guy,  Looking scruffy, with all your hair.  I finially had time to get rid of all the last vestiges of my hair. Number one shield on the clipper.  Looks really good on me!  (I keep telling myself)

Coly

ps  there are no stories of how George Washington's hair looked as he crossed the Delaware.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

NoFoMoHo

You think that you look bad...? I am sure there are pictures out there somewhere where you all look worse!   lol You should see some of the pics my ma takes of me.....especially with my famous face.....(Mrs. Colycat knows what i am talking about : ) )  Anyway it was a great time and cant wait to see you all again...
~NotfromMontanaHannah~

-Breath in, breath out, relax-

B9

This waiting for my hair to get long enough to pull into a Revolutionary War pony tail is getting old, and making me look more scruffy than normal....

Thanks for the pics M.E.!

Hey the Peter Fonda, Easy Rider look is very in these days.
Coming from someone who can grow longer hair on his back than on his head, let it go wild, enjoy it while you have it.

Looks like you are churning out Rifleman at an outstanding rate. 
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Old Glory!

Quote from: colycat on July 13, 2008, 09:27:38 PM

ps  there are no stories of how George Washington's hair looked as he crossed the Delaware.

Hello fellow Appleseeders!  Mrs Colycat here...... yes, that's right, got my own profile.   My new name: "Old Glory!"   Gotta love the flag! 

I have been DYING to add my "too much tummy roll" to this thread about "looking more scruffy than normal", "double chin thing", "last vestiges of my hair", "NotfromMontanaHanah's famous faces", etc.   Look on the bright side..........the redcoats we hit in Ottowa look much worse than any of us.    ;D

Chillicothe....CHARGE
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

SavageShootr

Hey OldGlory!

Welcome to the forum. Good to see you on here. Love the SN.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Pappy

:) ;D ;) Hello and Welcome OldGlory; Hope you have as much fun here as the rest of us. Jon, Josh & Jarrett P.
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

M.E.

Man do you guys know how hard it is to hear you all talk about Chili?!  I have had a wingshooting clinic scheduled for a year that Sunday.....wonder how I can do both?!  Sure going to miss out on a lot of fun if not.  And sure will miss seeing Old Glory and Coly Cat again. I think part of the family might be thinking of coming.  I know Cookie is anxious to get that patch!

M.E.

Old Glory!

M.E. 
Maybe it will work out for you to come to Chilli...somehow.  :-\   What is wingshooting?  It better be as important as AS.  ;) 

Here's something I think you will be able to appreciate.....if all goes as planned, our whole family will be going to the Winona, MN AS on Sept 6-7, including son, daughter-in-law, daughter, boyfriend, brother-in-law and his partner. WOOOHOOOOO!!! ;D  Instead of the whole gang going out to eat on my birthday, I made supper at home, and we used the money to buy the kids shooting glasses, ear plugs and 500 rounds of 22.  They could hardly refuse the invitation to the Winona AS at that point.  Unfortunately, that means we won't be at the Ottawa AS, same weekend.

Hope to shoot with you and your family on AS trail again soon. 

OhhhGeee
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Dog

Give 'em some redcoats, tell them it's all prone (no sand bags) and tell them all they have to do is put 3 rounds in each of the "bells" and one in the square in whatever you feel is a reasonable time limit for a newbie (like the first one at an Appleseed).

After all, how many folks here have seen someone clear the redcoat on even the second attempt (Saturday afternoon), let alone on the first.  I know it happens now and then but the percentage is extremely low (way lower than the average number of riflemen from an Appleseed  ;)).
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Pappy

Hello Folks; Old Glory, We will miss all of you here in Ottawa. Sounds like a great time that you have planed for the Family. J.Papineau :)
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

M.E.

OhhGeee,

Wingshooting is Claytargets. (Shotguns) Got two weekends planned in a row.  First is a sporting Clays shoot and second is a ladies and youth shoot that Hannah Montana and cookie and I are doing.  It's always a lot of fun! 

So thrilled to hear that your family will be getting on the AS trail with you.  It was so much fun to have 5 of us together at the first one.  I know you will all enjoy the time together as much as we did.  Oh I have to tell you something.  The littlest one got her first 22 tonight!  She's 9 and has been to two local Mini AS and she is hooked!  You should have seen the look on her face when Dad presented it to her.  Priceless!!  She was so excited.  Maybe the next time we see you all 6 of us will be shooting!   ;D

M.E.

The Guy

Great!

See her on the 21st at the Danville range with it!

Can't wait to see how it goes.  Family like this, A should be a natural....