News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Broken Bow, NE Oct 6-7, 2012

Started by gibbs459, October 08, 2012, 09:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibbs459

What an Awesome weekend! Mid-Nebraska Rifle and Pistol Club did it again! 7 out of 10 shooters scored rifleman! Way to go! The other 3 where knocking on the door for a 210. Lots of 203 - 207 scores.

The weather was a little chilly on Saturday but warmed up to a nice 55F on Sunday. Flint Smoothbore (Doc) brought a big Dutch oven of homemade chili for everyone's lunch on Sunday. YUMMM! Thanks Dude! Good stuff.

Broken Bow's new range is coming rite along. I see KD possible there very soon.

Flint Smoothbore

Matt and Rich-

Thank you for another great Appleseed in Broken Bow! I was especially impressed with how you worked with the four kids on the line (two of whom receive Rifleman patches).  All of them have extensive shooting experience for their ages and belong to the same 4H shooting club, but each of them told me their marksmanship benefited from Appleseed.  And I don't think that any of them even blinked during story time! I would not be surprised if more kids from their club will be in attendance next time.

The fact that two gentlemen drove from Chadron (4+ hours each way) says a lot about the Appleseed program itself.

The Mid Nebraska Rifle and Pistol Club is behind the program 100%.  Now we'll begin to plan for our next Appleseed!

Thanks again,

Flint

Necede

Hey Doc. Thanks for every thing. It was a great shoot. Next time we need to be sure Larry isn't so over worked. Is it ever warm in Broken Bow? It seems to me that you live in the tundra. When scheduling the next Appleseed think of me wanting to be warm.
Have gun. Will travel.

Flint Smoothbore

Well, how about April 20-21, 2013? :) We had an enthusiastic discussion at our Rifle & Pistol club meeting tonight. Lots of interest. Matt- please pencil us in!

Thanks again for coming and sharing the spark with us again last weekend.