News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chillicothe, IL September 22-23, 2012 AAR

Started by Wurstmacher, September 24, 2012, 12:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

Cool and windy weather greeted us on Saturday morning as we were setting up the line.  Thank you to the shooters that came early and pitched in to get the line set up.  As registration was closing up, I was dismayed at the number of "paid no-shows" that were on my Check-In Sheet.  However, I was pleased on Sunday morning to see these families appear during registration.  Evidently, they were only signed up for Sunday.  I believe that this is one of the few Appleseeds  that I have had more shooters on Sunday than on Saturday.

After the AQT on Saturday afternoon, my Rifleman Patch inventory was reduced by two, as two shooters achieved Expert scores.  Congratulations guys!  On Sunday, we handed out two more.  Castle Mountain had said that we would have 6 patches to hand out this weekend, but 'twas not to be.  There were some scores that were close, but it will take another Appleseed of polishing to get them over the top.

Thank you to the instructors that came out to help this weekend.  Thank you to the Chillicothe Sportsman's Club for hosting us.

Please post your pictures and your comments.

Rubicon

My dear wife and I joined the AS shoot at Chillicothe on Sunday. It was our 2nd AS shoot, first time in Chillicothe.  I want to thank the Chillicothe AS Team for the prompt reply to my last minute inquiry about joining for just the Sunday portion. The range is an excellent facility and the AS Team extremely friendly and helpful. Dear wife almost got her patch with a brand new rifle. She was just 4 points shy. Myself, I'm still hunting for that illusive patch - need to do better on the transition stages. I think I've got some trigger control issues due to the shorter time constraint.

I took a couple of pictures of Castle Mountain while he presented us the history of the 3rd strike of the match in Lexington & Concord. I tried several times to upload them as attachments, but the message would not post to the forum thread. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for a great Appleseed shoot.

Mike and Lena

Rubicon

Rubicon

Castle Mountain presenting the 3rd strike of the match.

Castle Mountain

Late Friday afternoon I went to to Chllicothe to set up the range and it commenced to rain on my efforts but
not to fear the base was set up for completion early Sat AM. Arrived early Sat A/M to met Wurstmacher and
complete the target line set up. Rock Solid it was!!

Behold the before and after.

We added a KD component on Sunday at 100 Yds for Sunday.
Shooters had a eureka moment shooting some distance.

All the shooters were great helping set up and take down Sunday night. Many hands made work light.
Thanks one and all for your kind assistance.

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Castle Mountain

Saturday morning presentation with our future  IIT, young 7 year old Gus with his dad Lord Joker.
Gus was a treat. The crowd grew quickly as we went into our introductions and safety meeting .

This was a wonderful shoot to say the least. Great American's  and persistent they were.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Castle Mountain

Firing line, IMC/NPOA instruction by Wurstmacher and Lord Joker.

Castle Mountain

Great weekend with pleasant weather. Four new riflemen and multiple re qualifiers.
Several knocking on the door. Fun, fun fun. O0 Thanks for everyone's participation. This was a
wonderful close to the last Chillicothe shoot of the year with a invite query to run an AS for
an Illinois Guard unit next May. Hooooahhggg!! ..:.. :--- O0

lowrider12

I am very grateful for all the Instructors and the Appleseed program.  I have been to two all-weekend Appleseeds in MI, and this (Sunday only) was my 3rd Appleseed (where I shot RIFLEMAN!).  Thanks again to EVERYONE who helped to make Appleseed happen in Chillicothe last weekend!    :bow:

andydoc

I have to thank all the instructors (LordJoker, 3Gunner, Castle Mountain, Wurstmacher) for a wonderful experience...life changing.  Learned alot about marksmanship...and alot about me and my rifle.  Went from the first AQT of 114 (cook) to the best of 205...I'll be back for my Rifleman!
I especially have to thank Castle Mountain for jumping down on the mat and getting face to face with me and my rifle...3 minutes of teaching...life time of gratitude...I'll never 'drag wood' again!

Wurstmacher...excellent ShootBoss...can't wait till I attend another one of yours!

Waffle

I had lots of fun this past weekend at the Chillicothe Appleseed shoot  :--- Thanks to the instructors and shootboss. had a good time with my little brother on his first shoot. He enjoyed himself a lot ..:..  ^:)^

782Cadet

I too want to say thanks to all of the instructors and shooters for making this a great weekend!   The shoot was very well organized and the quality of the instruction was simply excellent.   

This was my first Appleseed shoot, and I was very impressed by the methodical, step-by-step delivery of each of the concepts.   Although I knew bits and pieces of the marksmanship fundamentals taught this weekend, the training helped me correct things I was doing wrong and reinforced things I was doing right.   This training helped me to finally put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

With the great instruction and coaching by  Wurstmacher, Castle Mountain, Lord Joker, and Three Gunner, I was fortunate to earn my RIFLEMAN patch on the first AQT on Sunday morning.     Thank you, gentlemen!

Finally, I greatly appreciated the passion and sincerity with which Wurstmacher and Castle Mountain delivered the Revolutionary War history portion of the event.  It was a very timely reminder of the wisdom of our Founding Fathers, the risks they took, and the sacrifices they made to give us the gift of Freedom.   

With all of that in mind, I have been telling my friends and family about Appleseed with the hope that some of them will oin us on this journey.  Thanks again and I hope to see you all at a future Appleseed shoot!

Steve