News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oct 27-28 LeRoy, IL Help Wanted Apply Within

Started by 2 clicks low, September 14, 2012, 11:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

This shoot was recently added. Yes it is 6 weeks out. I am the SB.

I am not in the area. Heck, I'm not even sure where the area is.

There are 0 shooters signed up so far. There are also 0 RH and 0 OH signed up. So the instructor/student ratio is perfect. I just think I will be a bit lonely out there (where ever it is).

So, if you are near there can you put up a poster? Talk to a friend? Talk to the gun club? Hand out a tri fold?

Remind them hunting season is coming up. Riflemen NEVER track deer. They drop them in their tracks. Yes this stuff applies to your slug gun or muzzle loader.

If you know where Le Roy is  ~~:)  If you have seen it on a map  ~~:) NO  :pop:

2cl

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Three Gunner

I was in leroy last weekend for a 3 gun shoot. Its a nice little range. One of the club members talked about appleseed during the safety briefing. He spoke very highly of the program and challenged the shooters present (about 23 experianced shooters) to come out and try their hand

I could post some fliers if you need me to and supply you with any information you need. Unfortunately I am attending another event that weekend at my local club. I could possibly help one day.
Peace of mind produces right values, right values produce right thoughts. Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all.

2 clicks low

Thanks threegunner

Yes indeed, please post the flier. At the range, LGS, anywhere you think will help.

I always have room for help. 1 day works fine if you can. If not next time.

2cl

Three Gunner

Peace of mind produces right values, right values produce right thoughts. Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all.

2 clicks low

Sorry for the delay Three Gunner.
I had to find one to steal. Don't know why there wasn't one on the event page but found a nifty one.
I have changed the names and dates to fit.

Thanks for the help.

2cl

lordjoker1977

Anyone know if you can camp at the range?  I know Moraine View is close, but onsite is better, ya know.  I'm working on talking She Who Must Be Obeyed into letting me out for the weekend. 
11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

Be safe, shoot straight, have fun.

Oh, and you owe me pushups.

2 clicks low

The listing says no camping. You might want to PM Tornado as he has SB'd there before.

I will be getting a room at the local Motel 4 (budget issues so no more Motel 8 ) you are welcome to crash there. Bring ear plugs.

Tell SHMBO I will return you in good shape. Only minor tattooing and misdemeanor arrests. >:D

2cl

2 clicks low

Movement at last.
Got 2 shooters (1 day).  ^:)^
Now just need 20 more and a couple of hats.

lordjoker1977

2cl, I've got her talked into it (mostly), the problem I'm running into is my kids want to come as well.  I can't, in good conscience, subject anyone but family to a hotel room with my 2 heath....angels.  So, I'm trying to get her to agree to letting us get a room at the red roof inn there.  I'll let ya know as soon as I get official word.
11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

Be safe, shoot straight, have fun.

Oh, and you owe me pushups.

2 clicks low

Ten days out.
Still 2 shooters for 1 day.  !@#)
Still 0 hats.  :(
I guess I don't need hats for 2 shooters. I can do all 3 strikes and POI's.  &)
I will make this happen but I would like some more shooters.  :bow:
If you stumble across a spare shooter please send them this way.  @@)

Thanks

2 clicks low

TheEditor

2cl,

Francis Smith is the local club member who spearheaded recruitment for the last one there.  I've lost his phone number, but Tornado might have it.  Give him a call to check on prospects for turnout.  This is one of those clubs where people will either walk on or sign up at the last minute.  Even if you go into the last week with only two signups, I'll bet you'll get as many as six or eight at the last minute. 

Same thing is happening to me at Danville that same weekend.  Only 3 preregs so far, but I suspect I'll have 10-15 shooters when it's all said and done. 

Good luck!

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

2 clicks low

TE
I've been in touch with Francis, he put me in touch with the member who will be the clubs BOTG for this event. I will contact both again to see if they have any clue as to hidden shooters.
Thanks
2cl

PS I COULD STILL USE A HAT OR TWO!

2 clicks low

As there are only 2 one day preregs and a shoot boss is needed at Bonfield this shoot is canceled. I will be a Bonfield instead.

Three Gunner and LordJoker1977, thanks for the help. Would still love to have you join me at Bonfield if you can.

2cl