News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Mexico locals

Started by twh731, June 30, 2008, 06:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

Now that's non-committal  ::)

Red here!

So anyone here from abq or know of "prone" friendly shooting ranges? The dorky benches at the city range seem to negate me practicing anything but standing unless I head outta town.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

Can't think of anyplace s close.
I used to have a key to Diamondtail but that's gone now.

What do you think of a shoot in Socorro?
You might pass it among your friends and see what they think.

Sam

tecole

Hello all, thought I should check in as well.  I am one of the folks Shelby referred to.  I am in Las Cruces and was an attendee at the last shoot in New Mexico for 2008 in Alamogordo.  I am looking forward to the upcoming shoots in LC.

Tom Cole
aikininja@gmail.com

SamD

Good to see you aboard Tom.
Looking forward to shooting with you again
Rifleman this time O0

Sam

cougar1968

hello everyoneMy name is michael my wife laurel and our son and daughter. I have not been into firearms for long but just recently bought a ruger 357 for me and a .22 rifle for the kids at the gun show in las cruces last weekend. I would like more info on the appleseed project if anyone could help point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. I am trying to do my best educating my kids on firearms but i dont know alot myself. anyway just thought i would intro myself

TaosGlock

cougar, welcome aboard!
I assume you stopped by the Appleseed Project's table at the LC gun show right? ;)
If not, I will say this, we have two shoots coming up...one on Feb 28-Mar.1 and one on Mar. 21-22, Hope to see you there. O0
Since you are signed on here, just take the time to look around the forum. You will see what we are all about pretty quick!
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

staplegund

Hi, I'm a new volunteer in Las Cruces, NM.  I plan to attend/help at the Raton AS Apr 19.  I also intend to bring my gloves and t-post driver Friday afternoon for the Cruces shoot 14Mar. 
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

SamD

Welcome staplegund,
Glad to have you aboard.

See you Cruces Next week.
Sam

staplegund

Sam,
I'd like to buy one of your slings, if you still have one to spare this weekend.
DSE
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

TaosGlock

Hey staplegund! Welcome aboard!
Lookin' forward to this weekend!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

SamD

I have some, a bit better than the last batch but still cheap.

Sam

BobABQ

I suppose I should introduce myself.

My name is David and I am located here in Albuquerque.

Now people are probably wondering, my board name is BobABQ and my real name is David.

BlueFeather

I still haven't figured that one out.  I keep on thinking, "Who is Bob?  No, Bob is David."  #) You're messing with us!

G
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

BobABQ

Quote from: BlueFeather on July 12, 2009, 11:30:53 AM
I still haven't figured that one out.  I keep on thinking, "Who is Bob?  No, Bob is David."  #) You're messing with us!

G

Lol, to make a long story short I had E-mail account issues so I used my middle name of Robert.

Call me Dave, Bob, whatever.

I'll answer to just about anything, especially if food is involved.

MedicOni

Hi,
I'm in ABQ for the time being. Going to be moving back to Socorro to finish my BSE in the fall.
I'm Nathan, and my first AS is going to be RR's on Dec 5.

oladcock

Hi folks, O.L. here in Roswell, been to 2 AS's so far and hope to help out in Carlsbad in Feb. I've met some of you already and hope to meet the rest soon. Press on!...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

ranchroo

Hello from the Wilkie family outside of Carlsbad!
Hey, we will be setting up at the gun show in Farmington Feb 12-14. There's room on our table for AS stuff!
"We may destroy all the men in America, and we shall still have all we can do to defeat the women." -- British General Lord Cornwallis

staplegund

Excellent.  Do you know if any other AS folks will be there? 

ballistic_ken

I got a bunch of AS stuff to put out on that table. :cool2:

SJWF just comitted to a shoot March 12th & 13th.

PM or call me (505)793-0063 and I'll give you the brochures.

Ken

PS...........Bloomfield, NM  Appleseed new guy.

Oh, and Green.

SamD

Ranchroo,
We just finalized a shoot tonight with the folks putting on that show San Juan Wildlife Federation
2 members JeremyF  and ballistic_ken live in the area. Between the bunch of you ought to be able to get some flyers out for the shoot there, ABQ Whittington and Roswell for April 19 too.

Sam

JeremyF

Quote from: ranchroo on February 01, 2010, 02:36:16 PM
Hello from the Wilkie family outside of Carlsbad!
Hey, we will be setting up at the gun show in Farmington Feb 12-14. There's room on our table for AS stuff!

If you do not already have a bunch of flyers I can stop in Friday with some (assuming I have any left).

ranchroo

"We may destroy all the men in America, and we shall still have all we can do to defeat the women." -- British General Lord Cornwallis

JeremyF

Quote from: ranchroo on February 05, 2010, 11:32:51 PM
That would be great!

Didn't run into you at the show, should have gotten a phone number...

Left a nice stack of flyers with Ken to deliver.  ;)

ballistic_ken

You can call me @ 505.793.0063 and I'll get you some flyers tomorrow.

I am gonna try and get some up on a booth I am working on Sunday as well.

Devnull

I want to thank the both of you for stepping up and promoting/spearheading this shoot. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

I look forward to meeting the both of you at the shoot!

Chris/Devnull
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

ballistic_ken

Thanks.

I can't make this shoot, the only available weekend is one I have to be out of town. :wb:

I think this area could support a minimum of 2 shoots a year and our range can handle 800 yards.  I really want to eventually shoot the entire course @ real distance with a centerfire rifle.

Once we get the first shoot done I'm hoping that other shoots will be easier to schedule.  I look foreward to meeting everyone at some point. :cool2:

SamD

Quote2 shoots a year
Not even barely ballsitic_ken.

Try 15-16 by the end of 2011.

If you think my figure is too low, this a conversation I'll have with Fred in Jan 2012.
(me) "well Fred, beat my estimate, had 842 last year   ??? "
(Fred) "how many people in San Juan county? " ::)
(me)  "138,000"  :'(
(Fred) "what happened to the rest of them? "  ~~:)

You are thinking way too small.
2 shoots a year!
You're a regular comedian  ;D

SJWF might think 2-3,
NMMI9100 went in thinking 5-6
I thought 6 maybe 8 in a pinch

Fred thinks 12 shoots a year @ 100 shooters a whack+April 19+ Constitution Day+ Independence Day,  and " just what are you slackers........................?"

Sam  ;)

ballistic_ken

The more the better.  I was thinking of working up to 1 a month over a few years.  I am totally willing to jump right in to the deep end as needed. :cool2:

I dropped a bunch of brochures at the Funshow today, didn't see any SJWF big wigs to nudge in the right direction.  I'm working a booth tomorrow and will try again.

JeremyF

Depending on the first shoot I may be interesrted in the instructor program and helping organize SJC.
1 shoot a month would be awesome but the way SJWF operates its schedule would be difficult. They really don't like the idea of having shoots that limit regular range use (above what their favorites are).

If we can get a top dog into the organization it may work well for us. Waylan Moore is a huge fan of shooting 22's for benchrest and silhouette, and if he participates (I am trying!) It will be a walk in the park to get a shoot regularly scheduled.

One question, how are magazine changes handled with tube fed rifles?

SamD

Don't get me wrong Ken, but access to SJWF will NOT be a limiting factor for Appleseed in in NW New Mexico.

If they only have time and space for 2 that's fine, I'll find somewhere else as demand justifies. Slow me down maybe, stop me No.

There are other places and they will be contacted and used. Plenty of public and private land.

Locations are nice but an established range isn't necessary.

Sam