News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calling all Floridians!

Started by PHenry, June 29, 2008, 11:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

We have yet another shoot coming up in Florida!

The Hernando Sportsman's Club has agreed to host an event on October 4th and 5th. http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/

Some details are being worked out by thems of a "higher pay grade" than myself or LadyGunner, but it looks like a go! So saddle up and get the word out.

This is an awesome range located on the west coast of Florida, just south of the town of Homasassa, right off U.S. 19. Plenty of great camping and hotels in close proximity. It boasts 160 feet of COVERED firing line on a 200 yard range with berms on all three sides. The club is second to none and the staff top notch.

We may be restricted to 40 shooters, so keep an eye out for this one on EventBright so you can register early.

I am hoping that the new "Florida Crew" will be tasked with serving at this event, and if we are so tasked, you can count on us to do our very best to make this event one to be remembered. Think high speed / low drag meets Southern hospitality!  8)

So from Lady Gunner and Mr. W, aim small, DoubleLife, jacko44, Sterlingman, Pop Gun, and myself - come on down and see how us Crackers value Lady Liberty! If you honor us with your presence and a teachable attitude, we will send you home with something that money cannot buy - smaller groups (along with the tools to make them really small) and a greater understanding of the sacrifices made long ago to secure the Freedoms that allowed you to buy a week's worth of marksmanship training for only $80.00!  ;D

Lady Liberty will not beg you to attend.

You could spend that weekend "puttering" or "vegging out" on the couch. Or, you could wake up Monday morning and look in the mirror at someone that made the "Lady" proud.

Life is about choices.

On April 19th, 1775 your ancestors made a hard choice between submission or fighting. They chose to fight the most powerful military the world had ever known and purchased in our stead, at a cost of blood and sacrifice beyond our comprehension, a third option - to work within the system of government that they created to maintain the Freedoms that we all take for granted every day of our spoiled lives.

Will you honor their sacrifice by coming out and having fun? Is that too much to ask?  :-[

Talk is cheap - only actions count.

Your Forefathers believed in Liberty and the marksmanship required to maintain it. What do you believe in?

PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

It's Official! The aforementioned HSC event is on!

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3152.0

I can see by the underwhelming response to this post that Lady Liberty is going to need much more help. Don't make me come a knockin' on ya'lls door in person. I am waaay more abrasive and annoying in person (just ask Fred  ;D).

Are there 40 Patriots in central Florida? I may have to move to South Carolina - at least they have Junior Birdman! The first Florida Appleseeds event overwhelmed the RWVA staff with 108 shooters. Of course, that was on the "other" coast. Perhaps they have more real Americans over there with the Disney crowd and all.

Maybe I have overestimated the Nature Coast?

Say it ain't so!  :o

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

JB in 'Bama?   :o

Well, I will just have give up on "plan B" and move ahead full steam with finding 40 Patriots in Florida!

Funny how hard it is to get a range to host a shoot the first time or to get an American to attend a shoot the first time, but once the ranges see us in action - they invariably invite us back and once an attendee drinks from the "fire hose of Appleseeds knowledge", they always want more.

Such is human nature, as humans are timid, followers that cannot think for themselves. :-[ Oh wait! That would be the nature of "Humanus Dooficanus" - not Red-Blooded Americans Patriots!  8)

A real American knows a good thing when it comes along - he / she doesn't need to be dragged kicking and screaming to the light of reason. I mean when a real American sees an opportunity to participate in a Program that is working night and day to save his or her country - that real American jumps at the chance right?

Maybe it's just me, but I think a Florida with regular Appleseeds events from coast to coast would be a better Florida. A Florida made up of Riflemen that know well what they are about would be a Florida where Lady Liberty would always want to stay. In fact, that was the Florida that I grew up in.

So who's with me in seeing Florida get back to maintaining the traditions of the Founders - Rifle marksmanship and a respect for Liberty?

Let's see.........A weekend of first-rate marksmanship training, getting to put around 400 rounds down-range on a great range, being surrounded by like-minded individuals, and honoring the men and women that sacrificed all to create a system of government that allows me to enjoy all of the foregoing - all for the bargain price of $80.00. ($40 for Woman & Kids free per paying adult) Tough choice I know.  ;D

wcmartin1

Quote from: PHenry on July 02, 2008, 12:16:18 PM
Let's see.........A weekend of first-rate marksmanship training, getting to put around 400 rounds down-range on a great range, being surrounded by like-minded individuals, and honoring the men and women that sacrificed all to create a system of government that allows me to enjoy all of the foregoing - all for the bargain price of $80.00. Tough choice I know.  ;D

Appleseed... It's the price of dinner.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

PHenry

Appleseed... It's the price of dinner.

I like that. If it's OK witchoo wc - I will use that.  ;D

PH

Nickle

I don't know as that I'd say cheaper than dinner, as my tastes run to diners and really good burgers (not fast food "hockey pucks" they call burgers.

I would say "Appleseed, cheaper than a 200 round battle pack of ammo."
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

wcmartin1

Quote from: PHenry on July 02, 2008, 12:16:18 PM
Let's see.........A weekend of first-rate marksmanship training, getting to put around 400 rounds down-range on a great range, being surrounded by like-minded individuals, and honoring the men and women that sacrificed all to create a system of government that allows me to enjoy all of the foregoing - all for the bargain price of $80.00. Tough choice I know.  ;D

Appleseed... Cheaper than a tank of gas.

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Scout

Quote from: PHenry on June 30, 2008, 03:56:38 PM
[
Maybe I have overestimated the Nature Coast?

Say it ain't so!  :o

"It ain't SO!!- They just need to feel the end of your ridingcrop on their behinds! Apply it liberally!

I have a lot of faith in you PH. You are working hard to get the program going there and you will be victorious. And when the day comes when you set the new APpleseed record, it will be sweeter than you would ever have thought. ;D

Then you can move to SC and start over ;) South Carolina has some of our very best men there, JB, Talon and many more, and they might need a hand with waking up their state. (before Guam ;))
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

PHenry

Scout,
I will endeavor to be worthy of your kind words. In fact, I think I can feel my Appleseeds motor starting to rev up right now!  :o

With guys like these (above) on our team - how can we loose? And if we loose - whose fault will it be? (I'll give you a hint - it's not the "other guy")

18 events in 2006. More than 100 in 2008. Get in on the ground floor now - beat the rush! Come to an Applseeds Event while it's still sheek - for soon you won't be able to swing a cat without getting some fur on a Rifleman!

I wanna live in America. Everyone's a Rifleman in America. I wanna live in America. We're all Riflemen in Amereeeeca!
(sing repeatedly to the theme from West Side Story until you can get to an event  ;D)

I would go on and on (just ask Fred), but I have a flier to create and people to wake up.

Commissioner Krab

If at all possible I will attend. I cant commit untill my work is scheduled out. But it sounds like alot of fun!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"
Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

CK,
You have my personal guarantee from one American to another, that I will do everything in my own power to make it not only fun, but educational, inspirational, and down right Patriotic!  ;D
PH

Evil Twin

Hello everyone,
I registered myelf and my father recently for the Hernando Appleseed, and am trying to recruit a couple more shooters I know.
I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you. The Appleseed project seems like the best thing I've heard of in...well, forever, lol.
I first discovered Appleseed when someone on THR posted a link to one of the promotional targets. I've been printing and shooting that target exclusively since then, and reading here extensively. My skills have improved markedly already.

I'd like to print up some copies of your promotional flyer and leave them at the gunshops in my area, if no one objects.

Edit: Also, I should add that I'm a moderator on a fairly large website (around 100,000 visitors per day), and have posted the link to Appleseedinfo.org a couple times recently. Trying to spread the word.  ;)

PHenry

Evil Twin,

Please consider yourself most welcome here and yes, yes, yes - print all the fliers you like and post them with a purpose! Not only will no one object - we will cheer you on! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

I'm glad that you pre-registered, as I am talking to a fellow right now that may well have enough people to fill the entire line!

Please accept my heartfelt thanks for the link on your website - Lady Liberty is surely smiling!  ;D

I will be instructing at the Hernando event personally and you have my word that all who honor us with their presence will be rewarded with improved marksmanship and a better understanding of the events of April 19th, 1775 - the day of "The shot heard 'round the world".

From Samuel Whittemore and little Elizabeth Zane, to Hezekiah Wyman and Isaac Davis. A story to rival any Tom Clancy novel - but in this case, it really happened. Stories of bravery and sacrifice, of hard choices made and the price paid for the Liberties that most Americans take utterly for granted.

Project Appleseeds is a team effort and as wcmartin would say - I am glad you are on ours!

PHenry (easy to spot - small guy with a big mouth)

PHenry

Just checked the pre-regs for the Hernando event and we already have 16 signed up, nearly two months in advance!

Anyone that wants to attend this event in Hernando best get on the EventBrite site and register ASAP.

I have been handing out fliers by the stack and will be increasing my efforts from this point forward to ensure a sold out event.

So if you plan to attend, consider yourself forewarned!  ;D

PHenry

21 at last count and I still have not put the "promo pedal" to the metal! Sign up now or wait for the next one!

I will personally give the first one to make Rifleman a copy of Paul Revere's Ride, by David Hackett Fisher - a great book detailing the events of April 19th, 1775.

A great range, a chance to learn about some of the bravest men the world has ever known (your ancestors), and the tools to make you a 500 yard shooter - all for the bargain price of $80.00 - surely we must be nuts!  :o

You could spend thousands and not learn as much as you can in two days at Appleseeds!

Lady Liberty is calling.

ItsanSKS

Just stopping in to let you know that Lady Liberty will be proud to recognize many folks from the Tampa area at the Hernando county event. 
I've already convinced three others that this program would do them good,( I didn't even have to try ) and plan on pre-registering myself on Tuesday. 

I've already contacted Lady Gunner in regards to promoting this event in the Tampa area; I'm ready to start wall-papering the gun stores, rifle ranges and sportsmans clubs with the event flyers and other appleseed information. 

I was only introduced to this program two weeks ago, but I already see myself jumping in with both feet to help get this program rolling in our area. 

If there is anything that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask.  If it is within my abilities, I will do it.

Perhaps an over-optimistic concern, but only room for 40 people?!  Has anyone contacted the Manatee Gun Club (http://www.manateegunclub.com/index.html) regarding use of their facilities?  If not, I'd be willing to take the lead on this, so that we may have a larger facility to use..
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

PHenry

IsanSKS,
Consider yourself most welcome!

The range capped us at 40 for this initial event, but generally once a range sees what we are about - they welcome us back anytime, and as the line there has room for 50+, as well as several other ranges that would work - hopefully that number will be raised for the next event.

The folks at Hernando are great people and I know that they will like what they see on October 4th and 5th. The fact that they are hosting an event at all speaks to their support of the 2A and the Traditions of the Founders. I persisted and they listened - some ranges refuse to even hear us out!

This an awesome facility for those who are not already familiar and it will hopefully become one of AS's premier venues.

As to Manatee - they are long since on board. Same deal - once they saw us in action, they told the SB that we were welcome to return (maybe it was Dragonwood's good looks that did it!  ;D). We have already held two events there, on their MG range, which holds about 40 or so.

Oddly enough - the problem is rarely with capacity - it is with reaching that cap. in attendees. Americans have so many other "better" things to do than to honor the traditions of the men and women that purchased their Liberty at the cost of blood and sacrifice beyond imagination. I mean there are video games to be "beaten", and restaurants to go to, and so many "great" reality TV shows to watch. Who will eat all of those potato chips if they come out to an event that honors the Founding Fathers? Who will drink all of that beer if they are stuck sweating it out on the "Liberty Firing Line", learning to master that rifle collecting dust in the closet.

And then, don't forget - they would have to CLEAN said rifle and all - phew! That would be like W O R K! Agggghhhhhhhhh!  :o

And who wants to be regaled with true stories of passion for Liberty, and the choices made to win it for us? That is simply asking too much of some of our fellow Americans.

And what if they found out that it is actually fun? Then they might have to come to a second event - and, Lord forbid it - they might even decide to help us spread the traditions on to other Americans and then where would we be as a nation? What would happen if this whole "Appleseeds thing" caught on like wildfire? OMG! A whole nation of Riflemen - like it was in 1775!

That might ruffle some feathers and hurt some people's feelings.

No - expecting to get 40 people, in an area with a population into the millions, no that would be too much to expect, much less ask.

Whoops! Did I just type all of the foregoing out loud? Oh, I should be ashamed for casting guilt toward my fellow Americans. Well, I am NOT ashamed!

Here endeth the rant. (for now  ;D)

Anyway - thanks for stepping up! I will get some fliers out to you ASAP and good luck seeding! And yes, the "Lady" will be proud!

RickB

Hey PHenry,
Only 19 spaces left?  I better sign up today!  I guarantee there will be two of my crew there--and I'm working on four more.  Looking forward to it!
Hey, the online registration lists women as $0.00.  Can this be right?  I'll have to bring all of my girlfriends!  ;D
RickB

PHenry

RickB,

Welcome you WAC member you!

Yes, you heardt right buddy - for the remainder of 2008 - women shoot free at all Appleseeds!

This shoot is going to sell out for sure - so pre-reg ASAP. I need you on the line - 'cause you know the drill! Expect to git solicited to get more involved sir.  :o We have a three event limit (two really - I am just easy) - after that ya gotta become a "Orange Hat" - instructor in training.

After this event in Hernando comes Myakka in November. Then, all heck is going to break loose in Florida, 'cause we aims to make Florida one of the premier Appleseeds states in the Union.

No more fooling around in 2009! We will likely have at least five regular venues - one of which is Appleseeds only on private land (Thanks to our favorite, self-described, "Rough and Tumble Redneck").

So sign up, bring the kids and by all means - four more! I thinks we can "squeeze" a few extra on - so long as they come with a good man like yourself!   ;)

I will be honoring the Constitution and the men that created it in Raton, NM shortly, but I look forward to seeing soon!

Thanks,
PHenry

PS. Bring all of your girlfriends at your own risk - don't expect the Applseeds staff to protect you!  ;D

panhead

howdy PHenry

I talked to you on the phone from New Port Richey the other day. Your enthusiasm was infectuous. I will be there, I am pre registered and am a member of Hernando Sportsmans Club.

Thanks for choosing our club! I also feel we have a great venue, although we are feeling the financial pinch right now, as is everyone else...but we continue to make our facility nicer. Check out our new clubhouse (in progress) if we have the time, I know this will be a time crunch for everyone.

I am an old fat guy that shoots off the bench (not bench rest), so I am trying to stretch myself out a bit so I don't roll around on my 12 pack abs when I get into prone. I don't want anyone to try to push me back into the water  ;^ )

I am really looking forward to this.

Thanks to PHenry, Atticus, Sterlingman, Doublelife and all the others who have taken the time to come to my neck of the woods to spread the seeds. I am not a particularly good shooter, but I will be.

See ya in October!
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

PHenry

panhead,

Yes, I recall our conversation well. Many thanks for the kind words - I know I can get a little over the top at times. Just let me know if I ever need to tone it down a bit! ;D

We are a come as you are outfit and we will accommodate you - all shapes and sizes are most welcome here! It's the heart and mind that matters most at Appleseeds and I can tell you are a good man from speaking to you.

Sorry to hear that the club is in need of revenue, but the good news is that Applseeds can help there. We will bring in some $ in October and if the club will afford us the opportunity, we will become a steady source from here on out. I would like nothing better than to add HSC to our growing list of regular Florida venues. With millions of Patriots in the Sunshine State, we have no shortage of potential attendees! Hopefully, some of them will even do the right thing and sign up as members.

I look forward to meeting you in person and putting a face to the name.  ;D

PHenry

definder

Hi, everyone!  I'm new to this sight and would like to get involved.  I live in Largo Fl. and while I missed this one, I sure would like to br included in future events.  You can reach me here or in Email at GerryCad@aol.com.

Gerry
Crushable BUT, Shape Retaining!

douglas34474

This is an old post, but I plan on being at the October 2009 Appleseed.

Plan on at least two for I intend to bring Sean to the HSC again. O0

Douglas

PS. I've been handing out fliers every where I go.

PHenry

douglass34474,
Old post yes - unmonitored - no way!

It's just that Florida is sore need of good men such as yourself to help us get the word out and gather others to our cause.

If you need fliers or SWAT reprints, or even just idears - please PM ItsanSKS. Like me, he has a full-time job, but like me, he'll do whatever he can to help you with getting the word out. This is where the program needs the most help for sure.

I will be at the October event and will look forward to seeing you again.

Many thanks,
PH

Lloyd

I am in the Panama City area. We haven't had any events here abouts that I can tell. Nearest is Pensacola or Mobile. What about Tallahassee???

Thanks.

L. McD.

VonVega

Just returned from the 7/31 & 8/1 Appleseed event at the Hernando Sportsmans Club.  The facility was great and I can't say enough about how excellent the instruction was.  I by no means thought I knew alot about rifle shooting but after attending the Appleseed event, I now know how little knowledge I actually do have.  Believe me, when they say it is a 'firehose of knowledge', they aren't just whistling dixie.  The instructors quickly ascertain your proficiency and then little by little break your bad habits and replace them with the solid foundation every rifleman needs.  They also give you the tools you need to improve on your own (dryfire, dryfire, dryfire).

Appleseed is an excellent course and every American should attend at least one, if not for the shooting instruction then for the no BS look into the revolutionary war that isn't taught in history class anymore.  The speakers truly impart the patriotism felt by our forefathers as a bunch of farmers, crofters & shop owners fought and won against the biggest and baddest war machine of the time.  Unless you do a fair amount of revolutionary war history research on your own, you will have never heard most of it.  If you have to drive five hours to attend one, neither the time nor the money will be wasted.

I can't wait for the next one.  Now if .223 ammo will just come down to a reasonable price!

Eric Vega

PHenry

VV,
Many thanks for your kind words sir - makes it all worth the effort. Erick was pulling small groups at 200M - that places him in the top 5% of rifle owners nationwide - maybe less. My hat is off to the 15 brave Americans - young and old - men and women, who displayed such grit in taking on the August heat last weekend. Look for the AAR soon!
Thanks,
PH

Sly223

Whats going on in florida in 2011? Is there a tentative events list?
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

marrandy

Quote from: Sly223 on January 04, 2011, 01:00:26 PM
Whats going on in florida in 2011? Is there a tentative events list?

Its in the   "New attendee information - Everyone should read this !!!"

The direct link for Florida events is   http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=FL&statename=Florida

PHenry

How do we git info at top changed to reflect current pricing policy?