News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calling all Floridians!

Started by PHenry, June 29, 2008, 11:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marrandy

Quote from: PHenry on January 04, 2011, 04:03:40 PM
How do we git info at top changed to reflect current pricing policy?

According to this thread   'Scuzzy'

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19622.msg156000#msg156000

But that was on the 2nd Jan.

PHenry

Also found second error here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=FL&statename=Florida

A second date is listed in May for Hernando that does not exist - have PM'd SS on it.

Here is Hernando schedule as originally sent to me by ItsanSKS - I cut and pasted it to avoid my usual errors.

Hernando, FL February 12  13 / 2011
Hernando, FL April 16 & 17   / 2011
Hernando, FL May 21  22   / 2011
Hernando, FL July 30 & 31   / 2011
Hernando, FL October 29 & 30    / 2011

I am working up Myakka right now.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

TomM1Thumb

Lloyd,

If You could break the Ground a little, You might get a lot of help! have You ever tried to shoot here? (Apalachicola Public Shooting Range)

http://www.wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/wts_results.asp?CoreId=A6UJ9A001G44&Option=R

Give the range a call and see if they would hold an Appleseed event there. You never know until You ask!

Print out a flier and see if You can get someone there interested. or if You go to that range see if there is a bulletin board there and post a flier there.

Good Luck

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

PHenry

Lloyd,
Are u a member at the APSR? We the over-worked / underpaid (well, no pay actually!) are stretched pretty thin and can use all the BOTG we cab get when it comes to getting in with a range. It usually starts with a board member and often requires a rep to attend a board meeting (that's where we come in).

We can get info and fliers to you if you know anyone there that could get us a foot in the door, so to speak.

Thanks,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

at2wooden

New to the forum from S. Florida.
Hi!
"It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

PHenry

at2wooden,
Welcome sir! Have u been to the events at Hollywood?
PH

at2wooden

No sir I haven't.
I didn't see any scheduled lately in Hollywood, and have been going to Palm Bay, which is a 2 hour drive from my home in Lake Worth.
Prior to that, I went to one up in Myakka City.
How do we get Hollywood events going again?
"It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

alkeford

Quote from: PHenry on January 04, 2011, 04:03:40 PM
How do we git info at top changed to reflect current pricing policy?
[/qu

Ask and ye shall receive.
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

IamCaleb

I will attend an event this year but, it'll be in Dec in the Palm Bay area.

PHenry

minnesotarabit

'Mornin Ya'll - do not live in Hernando any longer, but if someone can get info to the Archery Club there as well as Gasparilla, many of the members also shoot and are of like mind. We belonged to those ranges for years and they were fine people of the same values. There are also people there who would pass on the word, just that kind of bunch.  minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Sly223

Thanks for the info. Alkeford and PHenrey run that area with .308 soon to join the ranks.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!