News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colfax, WI August 25-26, 2012

Started by Taylor, August 27, 2012, 01:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

New Riflemen, new Orange Hats and KD!!!!! What a weekend.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Thanks you everyone, especially one of the greatest groups of students I have had the
honor of working with this year.

Congratulations and personal appreciation to our new IITs Tony and Alex. You guys are a fine addition to the NW WI Instructor Corps.

KD...come to beautiful Gordon, WI 9/15-16 for our next NW WI KD opportunity.  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Here come da' pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last of my pics...

See you in Gordon...

PS-Plenty of bunk space at Taylor and Dicey's. Just make a reservation in advance so the hostess/host can prep for you.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

dragonfly

Looks like good times, sorry I missed it  :(
See you next time.
D-fly 
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

BugginOut

It was a great time!  Some of the most persistent shooters i have ever seen.  I learned a lot this weekend. We have the best shooters in the country.  A .22 with a match chamber is only fun for couple hundred rounds and then it becomes practice for fixing problems... Finally, don't shoot a 10/22 with the mag out and anything under the mag well that you don't want burning powder on.  Being a blowback gun, a lot of burning powder comes out of the mag well.
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

colycat

Quote from: BugginOut on August 27, 2012, 08:11:07 AM
Finally, don't shoot a 10/22 with the mag out and anything under the mag well that you don't want burning powder on.  Being a blowback gun, a lot of burning powder comes out of the mag well.

This only becomes a bigger problem with larger calibers.  Never fire a mag fed rifle without the mag.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

martin

Thanks Mike for getting this started, we were under the threat of showers Saturday but excellant students made for one of  the fastest
Saturdays I have ever been to. I can't forget to mention the good job by our instructors, RustyRed, nate_m, BugginOut, Crash, Taylor, and new to Wisconsin's instructor corp,,Eccarryguy.
Thanks to our 2 new Orange Hats that have stepped up Tony (Eccarryguy) and Alex.

Congratulations to Colfax's newest Rifleman,,,Shane   (219)
Also, congratulations to the rifleman that requalified   Alex (243),   Nate  (240), Tony (225), and Robb (216).

Finally, I want to mention our partners at the Colfax Sportsman Club. George and Peggy always make us feel welcome at Colfax and are great supporters of Project Appleseed. Thank You for supporting us and for having a great range for the public to safely enjoy the shooting sports. 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

What a Great weekend!!
it was a blast helping instructing all the teachable attitudes in our students!! :--- :---
Please everyone,me included, keep on dry firing :---
Boyceville,Wi is next shoot :--- come on out!! there is plenty room on the line!
and I would like to thank the New orange hats Tony and Alex for stepping up to help us all to keep
our libery,we hope to see you both on the appleseed trail.
Congrats to Shane our new rifleman and to Nate,Rob,Tony for requalitied Good Job!!

RustyRed

:bow:Hey Taylor thanks for posting the pic's for me! my computer is going in this week sometime to see the Doctor! ^:)^

eccarryguy

Yes, mother nature helped us with no rain! It was a great shoot!

Thank you for allowing me to join the team. I truly enjoy instructing and helping make better shooters!

Trig

Looks like another great WI shoot, WELCOME to the team new ORANGE HATS!!!

looks like fun was had by all, hope to see you around!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

MaverickAR6

Awesome shoot guys and gals!  I get a little chuckle when I look at the pics and realize that I can name just about every face in them.  Appleseeds are a great time and I always make lots of new friends... even way over on the other side of the state.  Congrats Tony and Alex on your scores and welcome to the trail as Orange Hats!
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

cale

Our shoots are awesome because we have such great instructors.  I love the atmosphere and the company every time I go. Looking forward to Boyceville and the next three shoots. Would love to get up north too. Hope to see you all there. CAL