News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Officially on the schedule

Started by twh731, June 28, 2008, 11:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twh731

The Whittington Center event is officially on the schedule for Sept. 13-14.  We also have one that is not on the schedule yet which is at Albuquerque Range Park on Oct. 18-19[attachment=2][attachment=1]
I am told that we can start promoting these events.  I am going to send out a bulk e-mail on the NMSSA board.  I need to get flyers printed and there is no place in Taos to do that kind of work in bulk.  I will be able to make a trip to Santa Fe on Wed and while there distribute pamplets at Rita's Range? and a couple other places that I don't know the names of.  I think that we need some given to the JROTC and maybe Kirtland and a ton of sporting goods places.  Any other "get the message out formats" are welcome.  What are your thoughts on posting at the local law enforcement installations?  Now the work begins!
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

1886lebel

You could have fliers made and placed in all the gun stores ... This is what we did for the club I belong to
... Kirtland is going to be harder as you must get permission from the 377th Base Commanders Staff to place fliers on the base ... You physically must talk to them.
Patrick

twh731

Thanks for the input.  Once I get the flyers printed I can get some of the to you if you want to help distribute them.  I make the occasional trip to Albuquerque from Taos so I could meet you somewhere if it would be convenient for you, or I could just mail a box of them.  Let me know.  Also don't forget to include your friends in this endeavor.  ::) Tom

1886lebel

I could meet with you ... just send me a PM whenever you come to Albuquerque and we can go from there.
Patrick

twh731

Patrick, I will be gone for 10 days starting 7/3.  When I get back we should meet up.  I'll send a PM when I return.  I sent shtLEMkIII the flyer template and he said he will get some printed down there.  He helped me clean up the original brochure so it looks a lot better.  Maybe you two could get together if you are comfortable doing that.  Let me know.  Tom

1886lebel

I know ShtLEMkIII ... we go back a long time sine the time of Mike Noonan's Gun Shop WOW that was a long time ago ... I will get with him.
It is too bad these shoots are on my drill weekend ... ce la vie
Patrick

twh731

Awesome!!! a shootin' buddy.  Keep me posted and you guys can call me too if you want.  (575) 770-4231   I will be gone for 10 days but will have my cell phone.  Tom