News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta Indiana, Aug 18-19 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, August 22, 2012, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

I am late with this, no doubt. Too many irons inn the fire? Maybe, but if so this weekend was a needed vacation. We had the best weather anyone could hope for, sunny and warm but not a hot moment in the day. No wind, no rain, no problems.

The good weather must have been a sign because we had great shooting and wonderful students. Steve treated everyone to so history and we got all the points of instruction done on Saturday, with an AQT and a demo to boot! Everyone was attentive, energetic, and willing to work so we made great time all weekend.

I think by the time Sunday afternoon rolled around we did not have a high score under 170, and three Riflemen made the score. With one returning Rifleman, that gave us four Rifleman AQTS. Jay with a 217, Scott with a 212, Dave with a 215, and Tyler doing a re-qual at 222. outstanding shooting.

But we cannot forget Jeff and Adam, our youngest shooters. Both started out drinking from the firehose but remained patient and didn't let the depth of the instruction get to them. They simply tackled everything one step at a time.

We instructors watched as they progressed from getting good cheek weld, to mastering the sling, improving their position, to controlling the triggers, and easily gained over 70 points each through the day Sunday. this was of course rewarded with a fun event as Steve brought along a dueling tree which was used to run a few team events that required perfect marksmanship, timing, and a strategy. It was a ball to watch.

Thanks to all who came, for a great weekend. We enjoy very much getting the chance to spend our weekends with other Americans learning the heritage, hearing the history, and sharing the experience.

We hope to see you all again.

Yellowhousejake

-- Let's Niecie to get some pictures up.
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Niecie

So sorry for the delay - MAJOR distractions here  ;)

We could not have asked for more ideal weather! It was beautiful. We had a great time with a wonderful group of Americans, and as always, at the end of the day Sunday, they remind me why I love to do this! Thank you all for spending your precious time with us this weekend.

Niecie

Here are some pics of the weekend:
JV getting us started

Kate showing her colors...

Stagehand Steve teaching trigger control.

And the Too Cool Site Tool...

Instructors hard at work showing both LH & RH positions.

Making use of what you have available!  ;D

Stagehand Steve the "entertainer"  ;)

Acutee showin' how it's done...

First time through the AQT

What a great group!

The end of the day....

On to Sunday....

Niecie

Gettin' down in the dirt, er gravel, and helping each other out.

The fun shoot was a success! Thanks for the dueling tree, Steve!

Congratulations to our youth participants. You guys were AWESOME! O0

And congratulations to our newest Riflemen...

Scott

Jay

and RabbitDave

One last AQT...

And Stagehand Steve showing us all how it's done  O0

Now on to the Big Bang...

Thanks to RabbitDave and Tyler for sharing!

See ya' all down the trail!

colycat

WOW!  Does that ever look like a nice range.  Great AAR, but I am getting sick and tired of looking at all those pictures of Jakes skinny legs!!  Just kidding, YHJ is the most awesome SB in the ........
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

R1SGx2

QuoteJeff and Adam
Thanks for staying the course...

Very nice pictures and a nice range to boot.

Dueling tree,,,, Hmmmm mind is wondering, I have three....

Good work by all, Instructor Corps  O0 O0
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

mgschuster

Jeff says thanks to all his instructors during his Appleseed weekend event & training at Atlanta , Aug 18 & 19,  Jeff took the number one spot last weekend at his Scout troop August shooting event and camp!  Shooting 46 out of 50 points on a standard target 25yds.     Again - big thanks to all that gave of their time and skills to help father & son become better marksmen & citizens!

Mike & Jeff http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/AR15firing.gif

yellowhousejake

Congratulations on the first place! I hope to be the one that hands Jeff the Rifleman patch one day.
O0 O0

Quote from: mgschuster on August 28, 2012, 08:34:20 PM
father & son become better marksmen & citizens!

That last line is the one that warms my heart and gives me hope for the future. Thank you.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

spitfire51

Finally had a chance to sit down and read through this.  Glad to see a couple familiar faces from the last Noblesville shoot made it back out.  Congrats to our new Riflemen, and a big congrats to the youth shooters for taking in the lessons of our forefathers.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt