News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru Appleseed July 4-6, 2008

Started by bob 210, June 23, 2008, 10:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Here's your chance to shoot at the new RWVA-Piru range and walk in the footsteps of those trailblazing individuals that were part of the

FIRST Nationwide Rifle Marksmanship Event in history on April 19th!!! If you weren't able to make the first Piru Appleseed, here's

another opportunity to test your skills against the AQT and learn what it takes to move from being an American rifle owner to becoming

an American Rifleman! So bring your friends, bring your family, bring your coworkers, and immerse yourself in the heritage that is

Rifle Marksmanship in America!!!!

As a special bonus, on Friday July 4th, we will be having a special Founder's Appreciation Family Fun Festival, which will include BBQ,

Giveaways,and prizes for games that include: Grenadier's Toss (water balloon toss), Water Volley (firing squirt guns at targets) Powder

Horn Relay (a relay to fill up powder horns with a spoon), Battle Road Run (3-legged race), and the RWVA History Game, where you get to

guess which famous Revolutionary War Person/Place you are, based on history facts! We will also be having a carnival style 22lr

shooting gallery, complete with "shoot out the star", steel targets, and the Red Coat Challenge! We may even have a few

Revolutionary War Reenactors wandering around.......so bring the kids along with the whole family and help us celebrate one of the

greatest things the Founders did for us......that is, sign the Declaration of Independence! And just to make sure we all know what

we are celebrating, the first 50 folks to show up on Friday will receive a FREE copy of the Declaration of Independence/Constitution just

for coming!

Get in those pre-reg's for the upcoming July 4-6, 2008 Piru, CA Appleseed. This gives us an idea of how many

instructors to have available to be able to properly cover the line, let alone get an accurate count of targets, t-shirts, hand-outs,

burgers, dogs, water, sodas etc.

We will also have a couple of WWII demilled mortors that are now basically BIG muzzleloaders that fire a concrete filled Coors can via

cannon fuse. We will also have a M274 Mechanical Mule with a Browning mount complete with a semi-auto 1919A4 Browning.

Non-magnetic 30-06 ammo will be available for purchase that you can link up yourself and give this thing a try!! There will also be a

semi-auto B.A.R. and other various rifles to try.

So who is coming to the Piru, CA Appleseed July 4-6, 2008 and have you pre-reg'ed yet? This event has a 60 shooter

capacity limit, so make sure you reserve your place before it fills up! For fireworks, most of us will be going in to Ventura and watch the

fireworks at Channel Islands Harbor at 9:00pm.

P.S. Ammo that attracts a magnet is prohibited at this range and don't forget the bug spray! Also, camping is free at the range.

Who wants to volunteer to run one of the events on Friday and which one? If you have any additional ideas for events let me

know.....but remember, it's just around the corner.

Bob 210
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SavageShootr

Hey Bob210,

Wow, it sure sounds like a fun day. You have lots of great events planned.

I will be there for the entire weekend.

I will volunteer to run a water event. I am not afraid to get a little wet.  ;D

The fireworks in Ventura sound like a good idea too.

See you on Independence Day!!  ;D

~SS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Junior Birdman

I wonder if they'd miss me in Ramseur............... ::)
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

rock-chucker

Hey Bob:  I'll be out there, and will run or help with anything that needs run or helped with.

I'm wondering, is it even POSSIBLE to beat SavageShooter to post a reply on anything?  Girl, you are right on it every time!  Did I mention that you rock?

Thanks for putting together a very fun sounding 4th of July celebration there, Bob.

Are we really going to fire those black-powder mortars?  COOL.  I kinda like the Brownings, too...

Thanks for tallying up all the fun activities.  I have a better idea of what all to tell folks when I invite them out.

Do you need help with getting stuff out to Piru, or do you have all the pre-event chores covered?

See you then!

R-C

LayloPro

Quote from: Junior Birdman on June 24, 2008, 12:01:47 AM
  I wonder if they'd miss me in Ramseur............... ::)

Tell Fred you're on a mission to get him some more oranges...... & more great food & AS fellowship...... ::) 8)
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

bob 210

I'm looking for someone to run a video camera for this event. Preferably not an Instructor or IIT. These folks should already be busy running one of the Festival events. We would like to be able to use this video in promotions, possibly even a DVD to promote the program to other ranges. Here's a good chance for someone to step up in an "other than instructing" capacity to help with the program.

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

rock-chucker

Hi Bob:

I have a couple of candidates in mind.  I will ask them today if they would be willing to do this video work and get back to you.

R-C