News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed interviewed in article about youth and guns

Started by stagehand steve, August 21, 2012, 11:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stagehand steve

"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Pitmaster

A great article.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

JV

well done. nice find steve. Dave, Kate, truly ambassadors for our cause.  :bow:
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

yellowhousejake

It is supposed to be a multipart article with a piece going online each day. It is also being played on NPR "All things considered" this week, I have not had a chance to listen but I will know when the podcasts are ready.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

R1SGx2

QuoteIt is supposed to be a multipart article with
Is there a posting or someone have the acticle in it entirety,
thinking promo like SWAT Acticle...,,,

Nice work by those involved.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

yellowhousejake

Quote from: R1sgx2 on August 22, 2012, 09:16:03 AM
QuoteIt is supposed to be a multipart article with
Is there a posting or someone have the acticle in it entirety,
thinking promo like SWAT Acticle...,,,

Nice work by those involved.

I don't know yet, we will have to wait and see when it is posted completely.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

dragonfly

Nice I like it, Kate is my new Appleseed hero  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

"That was something that Kate Bixler learned after she became involved in Project Appleseed, a national marksmanship organization that holds dozens of training events in Indiana every year.

Kate, 15, New Palestine, is an instructor with Appleseed. When she was younger, she used to go to firing ranges with her family.

"You know, looking back, I'm just like 'oh my goodness.'  Before Appleseed, I wasn't that safe. We'd just carry rifles on our shoulders all the time, and you know, have them loaded and everything else."

Kate doesn't hunt, but she has been shooting at targets since age 9. The first day she showed up at a Project Appleseed shoot, the instructors recognized her talent and recommended she become a trainer.

She says riflery teaches personal responsibility. "It's a sport, but unlike team sports, you're not relying on everyone else. It's solely yourself and your accomplishments," she said."

Well done Kate
D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.