Author Topic: Your vote and ideas wanted for New billboards!  (Read 5839 times)

Offline Ratchett

• designated Shoot Boss
  • RAMSEUR.........8/13!!! Osage Beach ten oh nine
Re: Your vote and ideas wanted for New billboards!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 01:06:27 AM »
LIBERTY or TYRANNY
What will you leave your grandchildren?
appleseedusa.org
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Offline TomM1Thumb

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »
instead of "...Claim your History...
 Appleseed USA.org"

How about   Reclaim Your History!!   AppleseedUSA.org

Since We are asking people to listen to the True story of Paul Revere's ride!

or Who was Paul Revere? Find out at AppleseedUSA.org

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow got it wrong! Hear it Right @ AppleseedUSA.org
“The Constitution shall never be construed…to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”  – Alexander Hamilton

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Superheat

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Take a stand for freedom
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
Julia, I like it. How about this twist?

Liberty or Tyranny?
Which will be your legacy?

Or

Please select from the following:
Liberty or Tyranny?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:54:38 PM by Superheat »
"If you really want something, you'll find a way.  If you don't, you will find an excuse."
"Heart felt doesn't come from reading words on paper"
"Riflemen don't shrug and walk away... They roll up their sleeves and stand firm."

Offline Taylor

• Shoot Boss
  • Back on the Trail.
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »
My $0.02:

LIBERTY...

Do you know the HISTORY behind yours?

Do you want the HERITAGE passed on to the next generation?

AppleseedUSA.org
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Offline The Mrs.

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
My $.02

Save Your Legacy

Wholesome... Family... Tradition

This might get the Soccer Mom to pay attention for 6 seconds.
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Offline Johnnyappleseed

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Mingus ten oh six
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »
i always liked one of freds -- IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS ,THEY WILL GO AWAY !

This slogan may have the broad message that can be construed to anything the reader wants .

points to consider ,

Do our events focus enough on unalienable rights to justify to slogan?

Will  the rwva website reinforce the slogan ?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:35:29 AM by Johnnyappleseed »
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Two Wolves

• AppleCore
  • Fredericksburg 04/19/10
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
Please select from the following:
Liberty or Tyranny?
[/quote]

Superheat-- now look what you've started with me   ;D

For LIBERTY----press 1
For TYRANNY---- do nothing

a government agency will be along shortly to assist you.

Appleseed--where Marksmanship met LIBERTY and the Heritage began.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:23:42 PM by Two Wolves »
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Offline AFTERMATH

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
WAKE UP!
RWVA.ORG

-----------------------------------------------------

WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.
RWVA.ORG

------------------------------------------

GOT LIBERTY?
RWVA.ORG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember April 19th, 1775?
RWVA.Org

If we are going to run a larger campaign, we should make use of the double-edge sword effect.
In all my time on the line, I've run into very few who were not at least aware.  The problem we're running into is that we're trying to wake people up, though the majority of folks who come to an Appleseed already realize that there are serious issues.  It seems we are serving less to awaken the sleeping Riflemen and more to inspire them to take action.  Therefor, in it's current format, we cannot reach out to get people to an Appleseed because we are unable to even make them aware enough that an Appleseed is necessary.  So, it seems we continue to gather people as they are already starting to stir.
Tell me, how is letting people know that Appleseed is about teaching people to shoot and the tradition of the American Rifleman going to get someone on the line who doesn't care about either?  Sure, we'll have a few awakened souls manage to drag a few friends and relatives with - But that's not enough. 
So, why not spend our resources by starting to wake them up without them knowing? 
Ask a question.  Provoke at thought.  And they may just start looking into it.
Perhaps they'll follow to the website, perhaps they'll come to an Appleseed.
Then again, they may not - but we might be able to stick an idea or thought into their mind that'll lead them down some path towards preserving liberty.  Perhaps, along that path, they'll come across Appleseed again.
For all intents and purposes, the low hanging fruit is gone.  They've come, some have stayed and many have went.  But it might just be our best bet that we start a new crop of low hanging fruit.

WHAT IS THE PRICE OF LIBERTY?
RWVA.ORG

Are you a RIFLEMAN or a COOK?
RWVA.ORG

Many effective campaigns have been based off of simple questions.

"Where's the beef?"  "Can you hear me now?"  "got milk?"

Then again, there are also the campaigns that issue orders.

"Just do it!"  "Do the Dew"

Become a RIFLEMAN!
RWVA.ORG

LEARN TO SHOOT!
RWVA.ORG

LEARN YOUR HERITAGE!
RWVA.ORG

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:01:16 PM by AFTERMATH »
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Offline Johnnyappleseed

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Mingus ten oh six
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
Is this board available to anyone/
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Two Wolves

• AppleCore
  • Fredericksburg 04/19/10
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »
All you have to do is log out and then go to the forum and you will find out what's open to the public and what's not.~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Offline Swamp Thing

• Shoot Boss
  • Posterity
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 12:33:26 AM »
There are some good ideas coming out here.

But I still like "Who is John Parker?"

That book has sold over 50 million copies and part two of the movie is coming out soon.

If I saw that on a billboard I would definitely be doing a double take.

ST
Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito - Virgil

Why I Appleseed...To never hear this..."Grandfather, tell me a story, what was it like to be free?"  Quote from Superheat, 2011, USA.

D.O.M. "Fast is smooth and smooth is slow." Swamp Thing "Wait! what!?"

Offline JOEMORGAN

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 09:07:54 AM »
I like 

What happened on April 19,1775?
              Find out at RWVA.org
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Offline Johnnyappleseed

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Mingus ten oh six
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 12:30:37 PM »
i am no expert but ads are directed at certain groups .

smironov vodka does not create subliminal ads for non drinkers . They have their target market and ads are created to trigger buying of their product over dozens of identical products .

could a safety angle be used for soccer moms ?
Is there a way of equating love of ones children by allowing them  the education to "be safe??
As others have said ,it has to be short and catchy.
Schools and media have destroyed most of the foundation. it's even possiblie mentioning shot heard round the world may be a turnoff to"soccer moms "

has anyway read subliminal seduction by Bryan Key?

Something like a group of young inquistive children and some scary stuff built into the background .
Nothing obvious ,but something that spells danger to the viewer.
then " Knowledge and Education can protect them for FREE .
Be a smart parent .

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:52:31 PM by Johnnyappleseed »
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Barbie

• Inactive Instructor
  • There's only one direction that matters-downrange"
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

i am no expert but ads are directed for certain groups .

smironov vodka does not create subliminal ads for non drinkers . They have their target market and ads are created to trigger buying of their product over dozens of identical products .

Is there a way of equating love of ones children by allowing them education to "be safe??

Hmmm... I understand what you're saying...   so to target said "soccer mom" group, who have learning and safety high on their priority lists, maybe something like:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             Learn Responsibility, Learn Your Heritage
                                    Project Appleseed
                                                 rwva.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Offline Smurf

• Inactive Instructor
  • New Bremen 06/22/12 Full Distance KD 216
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »
They are all wonderful ideas!!!! Why not use them all? Like the Burma-Shave promotion!!!!!

The Burma-Vita Company of Minneapolis was owned by Clinton Odell. His sons, Allan and Leonard started painting slogans on scrap wood, white letters on a red background. They PLACED and MAINTAINED over 7,000 (YES, SEVEN THOUSAND!!!) signs along the roadways in 44 states from 1925 until 1963 when the company was then sold to the Philip Morris Company. At that time the original company, as a token of respect, went about the entire country and took down each of the signs. They had contests where people could enter their own ideas for signs. They were an American Institution!!!

Some examples of their signs:

His face was smooth, And cool as ice, And oh Louise!, He smelled so nice. Burma Shave
Before I tried it, The Kisses I missed, But afterward--Boy! The Misses I Kissed. Burma Shave
Hardly a driver, Is now alive, Who Passed On Hills at 75. Burma Shave
Don't Stick your Elbow out to far, It might go home in another Car. Burma Shave
At ease she said, Maneuvers begin when you get those wiskers off your Chin. Burma Shave
'Twould be more fun to go by air if we could put these signs up there. Burma Shave

Just some food for thought!!!!!!

Offline wcmartin1

• Instructor In Training 2
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »
Using the Burma Shave theme:

[redcoat silhouette] This target looks good

All bright and red

Get off the couch!

Appleseed instead

Appleseedinfo.org
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:11:52 AM by wcmartin1 »
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Offline TheEditor

• Shoot Boss
  • Don't just sit there - DO something!
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 12:10:20 AM »
Guns Save Life.com uses the Burma-sign concept. 

They get private landowners to host the signs; much cheaper than billboards. 

Read about it here:  http://www.gunssavelife.com/?page_id=25

I can answer questions about the program. 

The Editor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Offline wcmartin1

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 12:52:34 PM »
Using Burma Shave theme:

Our Country was started

On things we hold dear

Don't get broken-hearted

Appleseed is still here

Appleseedinfo.org
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Offline wcmartin1

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
Using the Burma Shave theme:

Our Founders fought for Liberty

So don't ever despair

Even in these troubling times

Appleseed is still there

Appleseedinfo.org

Offline Ratchett

• designated Shoot Boss
  • RAMSEUR.........8/13!!! Osage Beach ten oh nine
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »
Looking at this angle

Take Care of the Children

Isaac Davis did
appleseedusa.org

[quot[[/color][/size]e author=Barbie link=topic=31240.msg233549#msg233549 date=1345304594]

i am no expert but ads are directed for certain groups .

Is there a way of equating love of ones children by allowing them education to "be safe??

Hmmm... I understand what you're saying...   so to target said "soccer mom" group, who have learning and safety high on their priority lists, maybe something like:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             Learn Responsibility, Learn Your Heritage
                                    Project Appleseed
                                                 rwva.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/quote]
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Offline Amber Waves

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 12:47:49 AM »
Citizens are armed to defend their freedom.
Slaves are disarmed to keep them from rebelling.

Appleseed will teach you how to keep your Liberty.
The choice is now yours.

Offline techres

• Inactive Instructor
  • And the band played on.
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 01:38:04 AM »
They Woke Up Subjects
They Went To Bed Citizens

or

At Dawn They Were Subjects
By Dusk They Were Citizens
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:39:35 AM by techres »
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Offline Johnnyappleseed

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Mingus ten oh six
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
JA, CC,

These are the thoughts from V,

In answer to JA's question here on CC's thread http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=31240.msg233492#msg233492 no I can't post/reply to that area.

Since my demotion, its hit and miss as to which boards I can see, which I can post to, and to which I can reply.

The response I wanted to post was vis a vis the slogans including various combinations of the words "Appleseed" "Liberty" "Heritage" "Marksmanship" and "History"

I hear on the grapevine that this caused discord on the topic of T-shirts but I am not party to that and have no wish to reignite any discord, but seeing it referenced again in these posts for slogans it got me to thinking about it again and it seems to me that it should correctly be:

"Appleseed: Where Marksmanship met Liberty and the Heritage began"

My reasoning: Marksmanship and the sparks and tinder of Liberty had been a part of the History of this country long before 4/19/75 - it was on that day that they came together and the fire ignited, and out of the flames this country was born and our Heritage began.

Vis a vis billboards I agree with GoneJohnny, experienced marketers will tell you its about keeping a simple brand image, logo and name, in the back of peoples minds so when they see a more directed approach they are more inclined to act. Or alternatively, after failing to act on a direct approach a bill board may remind them that this is not a fly by night thing but a serious organization in for the long haul and thus cause them to pickup again on the fallen direct approach. You don't use them for issues of the day or to try and have a discourse with your potential customer.

The other type of billboard which is effective is the local "Next left for best shooting range in town" type things... So on highways around a range "AppleseedUsa is now here Monthly: Five Dogs Range - next left"

And finally I think some people are confusing bill boards with the guerilla/viral "Burma Shave" type campaigns where you tease people with someting eclectic forcing them to go home and look it up to find out what its all about.

So I think the "Appleseed: Where... Marksmanship met... Liberty and... the Heritage Began...  April 19 1775" is a series of Burman Shave signs to be hung on successive freeway bridges, signs, etc.

My $0.02
Cheers
Phil

got this PM from V and believe it has merit ,

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:50:27 PM by colycat »
Calvin Coolidge

Offline TaosGlock

• Fire! For God's sake fire!
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
I think the original 'slogan' is fine.

"Project Appleseed: Where Marksmanship Met Liberty and the Heritage Began".

Simple and precise, with a web address. Not to much info but enough to pique interest. A nice pic, Mona Lisa or similar, to go with it.
Only needs to be good enough, not perfect.

The single billboard type will be the easiest to use, produce, market and distribute nationwide.
Billboards are the accepted marketing standards in highway advertising.

Some of these slogans/words might be pushing the limits for the program (albeit still on mission) and may not be the best for highway advertising.

My .03...adjusted for inflation.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:18:44 PM by TaosGlock »
88 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Offline TN_Dadx5

• Shoot Boss
  • Focus on the MISSION!
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
4 MOA.

Can you?

or below
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

Offline colycat

• Master Instructor, Central Plains coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • Willing to go down range
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »
I really thought putting this on the welcome board would allow all members to post.  Guess not,  this is from a member, Technoronin,

I seems that I am too new a member to be allowed to post in that forum, so I'm sending something to you directly.

I have a few thoughts:

I like the RWVA logo, it evokes the idea of the time of the American Revolution.  Of course, I'm fairly old, so I'm not sure if the same sort of images are being used in schools today.

I recommend against using the words shooting, rifleman, marksmanship, etc.  They will likely cause a strong kneejerk reaction by a significant percentage of the population.  The same with Liberty & Tyranny, those will get us categorised with the Tea Party, and no matter what you think of the Tea Party, it will polarize people either for or against.  I think building a more neutral first impression will work better in the long run.

I think a few simple words with a positive note will work the best.  Let's start by building name recognition first.  Get people to the point of "I've heard about RWVA/Appleseed, but I don't know much about it".

These are my thoughts, but I'm willing to share.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Offline PHenry

• SouthEast Regional Coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »
Fred asked me to come up with a billboard for FL. After much input from local cadre - this is what I felt was best (attached). I studied mass media in school and worked as a freelance commercial artist for a few years until I got tired of starving. The standing rule for billboards is seven words or less, with one word being best. Short attention spans, high speed, texting - all make for very small window to get a message out.

Seems to me that goal would be getting them to visit website and let it doing the real talking. We found that Clear Channel Advertising has solid policy in place for non-profits to use their unoccupied billboards. All they require is set up cost - averages about $600 per cover (how they do billboards today).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:39:37 PM by PHenry »
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Offline TruTenacity

• Shoot Boss
  • Proverbs 15:1
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
From ahhshoot: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=31340.msg234072#msg234072

"COME SHOOT GUNS AND HEAR ABOUT WAR!!!!!!"
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Offline George Hacker

• Inactive Instructor
  • The instructor formerly known as "ShadowMan"
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
Do you have what it takes to be a rifleman?
Come to an Appleseed event and see what you are made of.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Offline Roland

• RWVA Instructor
  • Fire, walk with me
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec