News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lebanon, CT - August 11-12, 2012

Started by aim, August 14, 2012, 02:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

For a Massachusetts instructor, the new shooters, the new instructors and the new range were all a very pleasant surprise. A nice turnout despite the threatening (and altogether moist) weather, however, meant that the SBIT writing this AAR was kept busy and hence remembers little of the weekend.

Overall, this was a weekend of teachable and determined students (1/3 of whom were youth!), enthusiastic and knowledgeable colored hats, and a friendly and helpful host range.

On the marksmanship side, we can count two new riflemen and one repeat rifleman in the plus column. In the minus column, of course, the SBIT was too busy  to record the actual scores. (D., D., and Twi7ch - or anyone else who remembers the numbers - if you read this, please chime in!) Shooters pushed through equipment malfunctions, physical limitations, minor injuries and the ever-present humidity. The groups started small for everyone and continued to shrink throughout the weekend. The persistence and perseverance of the shooters was remarkable and inspiring!
Each afternoon, the Redcoats suffered grievously, with at least one shooter demonstrating skill at each of the silhouettes and the HS. No one cleaned a target, but the numbers below belie the tight groups:
Red Coats100 Yard200 Yard300 Yard400 YardHSCleared
Saturday AM1062030
Saturday PM1251110
Sunday AM821040
Sunday PM612120

Heritage-wise, Josey Wales delivered a thorough and fascinating first strike. This allowed Ulysses and aim to finish the second and third strikes in time for an extra couple of AQTs on Saturday. We were also fortunate to have a loyal subject of HM The Queen for the shoot. Said subject not only possessed a fantastic sense of humour, but provided a thought-provoking counterpoint to many of the topics we discussed throughout the weekend.

TOMINCT, VietVet and Josey Wales were steady bulwarks of fountains of wisdom... or at least kind and effective teachers. By Sunday afternoon, Twi7ch stepped up and accepted an Orange Hat. His knowledge and energy are certain to be an asset on the Appleseed trail.

VietVet was the official chronicler of the weekend and will be along shortly with a more visual presentation, but since no AAR is complete without pictures, here is one that was taken after VV's departure:

Congratulations, D., you earned this patch, and it was a privilege to award it to you.

EDIT: added Redcoat stats
Shiny!

Twi7ch

Thanks for letting me step up as IIT.  I shot a 214 for my re-qualification this weekend.  Can't wait to help new shooters earn their patch!

-JT 'Twi7ch'

R1SGx2

Now I can't wait to see Viet Vets pictures, nice lead into them.

Sounds like a very nice shoot again by Team Northeast - Boarder Jumpers...

Quotethe SBIT was too busy
Aim, sounds like you ran a very nice shoot - and you had excellant mentors with you...,,,

QuoteTwi7ch stepped up and accepted an Orange Hat.
Thank you we need the help,
QuoteCan't wait to help new shooters earn their patch!
And Twi7ch, it sounds like you have the energy we need.

Josey  O0

Nice work by all.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

VietVet

A great weekend was had by all. Shooters faced several weather conditions at this Shoot. We had some rain, hot sun and high humidity. They were reminded that a true Rifleman will shoot in any weather condition.

Thanks to all involved in this Event. Shooters and Instructors did a fantastic job.
As mentioned above "Team Northeast" merged on Lebanon, CT from three different States. Conn, Mass and NY joined together to get this one done.

A big thank you has to go out to the Bazrah Rod and Gun Club for being such great hosts and providing all with both breakfast and lunch.

Congrats to our new Rifleman and new Orange Hat.

Also to aim our SBIT (now SB) a pleasure to both meet and work with you. Job well done my friend and brother.

Can't forget the great job done by TONINCT who was the SB for this one. Great job on overseeing and keeping a watchful eye at all times.

Josey Wales as mentioned did a fantastic job (as usual) with his First Strike.
Ulysses followed shortly after with the Second.

OUTSTANDING job guys!  O0

Yes, I do have the photos and will get them posted here ASAP. Hopefully by tonight. I just need to sort through them and pick out the ones to post.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

As promised here are some photos of this Event.
As usual they're posted small. I still haven't mastered the photo bucket method.
Hopefully these will do. I'll post more later when i get some free time.

Enjoy..........
                                    OUR

VietVet

A few more............

OUR

R1SGx2

QuoteNow I can't wait to see Viet Vets pictures

Nice pictures,

Good Job by all....

TOMINCT

Great job by everyone involved! The students were great to work with and it was outstanding to have some new faces there from the instructor corps. 

I'd have a little more to add, but we're on the way to Columbia, Maine for another at the moment. Will check back soon, regards, Tom.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

mj52

Andre,

You and your son are an asset. An asset in many ways. MJ52

Josey Wales

..Glad to be apart of this event at Lebanon, CT.  It is quite amazing when people from three different States who have never met before come together to teach History, Heritage and Rifle Marksmanship and are all on the same page (Thanks Fred).  Different life experience same vision now that is a reward in its self..

..Andre did a great job as SBIT, commitment, delegation, awareness, are some words that come to mind.. O0

..TOMINCT it was a great pleasure to work with you, you remind me of a New Englander....oh? thats right you are one.. :slap:
  Great job in CT and Great job in ME....Thanks for all you do.....Keep the Faith and the M39 close to your heart...... :---

..Ulysses it is great to see a young man such as yourself involved in something so important as Project Appleseed.  Keep up the good work.. &)  or else.............. ;D

..VietVet.........like Julio from Easy Money say's, "Can I call you Dad?.."  @)    or better yet, How much did I spend at Cabela's??.. $$-0     Oh and who ate all the peaches??..  &)

......Strength & Honor..........................Josey Wales...........................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Quote from: Josey Wales on August 17, 2012, 12:19:38 AM

..VietVet.........like Julio from Easy Money say's, "Can I call you Dad?.."  @)    or better yet, How much did I spend at Cabela's??.. $$-0     Oh and who ate all the peaches??..  &)

......Strength & Honor..........................Josey Wales...........................

;D
                                    OUR

R1SGx2

QuoteOh and who ate all the peaches??..
Hmmmmm
Who ran the car off the road in the snow storm in Burlington Flats....,,,,,,,,,,

VietVet

Quote from: R1sgx2 on August 17, 2012, 03:24:42 PM
QuoteOh and who ate all the peaches??..
Hmmmmm
Who ran the car off the road in the snow storm in Burlington Flats....,,,,,,,,,,

;D
                                    OUR