News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WATERMAN, IL AUG 4-5 2012

Started by 2 clicks low, August 06, 2012, 12:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Another great weekend at Waterman. 27 shooters. WOW.

All eager to learn, and learn they did despite the weather that gives Waterman it's name.

On Saturday about 2:00 the clouds looked bad. Lighting in the distance. A quick peek at the weathermap (weatherbug is your friend) and we decided to pull out at 2:30. Never seen a firing line pulled down and stowed in cars SAFELY in under 5 minutes. Just in time as it started to pour bucks blowing sideways. I guess the farmers needed it.

Dry happy faces on Sunday morning eager to pick up where we left off. Time monkey clawing at our backs we got all instruction, strikes and a couple DOM's in as well as a good number of AQT's.

No riflemen but outstanding improvement in all shooters as proved by redcoats. I new guy, shooting for 3 weeks with a shrinkwrapped 10/22 close enough to taste...put some tech sights on and claim your patch. Another just points away when his rifle went south.

Best part of it was working with Fred. Great history and shooting pointers. Nothing like learning from the very best.

Here a couple of photos, please post your commets and photos here.

Thanks

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Patriot Gal

2clicks!!!  Congrats on getting your shoot boss hat!!!! O0
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

colycat

Nice turn out considering the way the temps have been.  Great job ILL promoting this shoot.  And with a new SB **) looks like I am out of a job for the Northern part of your state.

So, our founder did OK?  Kinda knew that he had a pretty good grasp on the program :shootself:
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

2 clicks low

Quote from: colycat on August 06, 2012, 07:15:39 PM
Nice turn out considering the way the temps have been.  Great job ILL promoting this shoot.  And with a new SB **) looks like I am out of a job for the Northern part of your state.

So, our founder did OK?  Kinda knew that he had a pretty good grasp on the program :shootself:

Coly, You don't get out of the job that easy, first thing I did today was to try to sign up to invade cheeseland (Bristol)  >:D . IS tells me I have to wait for IP to catch up.  ~~:)

Fred did a great job. Only  &) me 20 or 30 times. He has a great history and many shooting and instruction pointers.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

colycat

I already signed up for Bristol :)  Kinda sorta a range that I have taken over.  We can talk, though. :cool2:
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Prairie Eagle

Congratulations on making shoot boss 2Clicks, you did a great job or running the show and taught me a ton on my first time working! I am looking forward to shoots with you in the future.

Prairie Eagle

Some photos of a great weekend:

Prairie Eagle

The redcoats are COMING!!!

Fred took the shooters out 150 yards then they sprinted to the line and shot stars, all in 60 seconds.

Tornado

Congratulations 2cl! Well done.  O0

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

AK

Congratulations to Illinois' newest shoot boss.  ^:)^ I look forward to working with you again sometime.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

Superheat

Wow!  Ron you can't do better than that.. Shootboss hat from Fred.  nice move.  :bow:

Amber Waves

^:)^ Congrats , 2 clicks low!    ^:)^

miner49r

Congratulations to 2 clicks low on attaining Shoot Boss. You did a bang up job.

As always, it was great seeing old faces again and meeting new ones.
I almost freaked when Fred walked up beside me when I was Line Boss and asked me who was in charge. I answered, "I am in charge of the line" immediately followed by "Shooters, your preparation period has ended". I surmised that must have been the right answer since the SOF was allowed to continue.

miner49r

Freedom:
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.
Noah Webster

"When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, it's always the patriots who first hear the call."
Charlton Heston