News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Lebanon Appleseed, August 11-12, 2012

Started by The Log, April 29, 2012, 09:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Status and Task List for:
Lebanon Appleseed - August 11-12, 2012
Last Updated: August 13, 2012

Event Information

Date: August 11-12, 2012
Shoot Boss:TOMINCT
Instructors/IITs:none yet
Pre-Registrations: 23/25
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26659.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3269552319
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: See EIP
tbd

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed
  • Orange Hats needed
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

The Log

We've got 16 shooters signed up, but no instructors. Let's get this one staffed ASAP.

</log>

The Log

Three weeks left, and only six tickets to go to another sell out! Keep up the good work!

TOMINCT has stepped up to SB this one. Who's going to truck out to Lebanon and keep an eye on him?  **) Once we sell out, I want to see at least 4 instructors for the 25 shooters.  ~~:)

</log>

The Log

Only four slots left! Let's get another CT sell-out!!

</log>

aim

I would like to introduce myself as a potential SBIT on this shoot.

I am bringing an IIT2 along. I am hoping for a RH as well.

I would appreciate some information about rifle loaners. I will have nothing in .22. I can bring a centerfire bolt action for KD.

I would appreciate information about the range (Where will KD be held? what kind of ground conditions should we expect? Food? Are they actually providing lunch for all shooters? Do we need a IIT to hold the gate open? Will the range object to paint being used to mark firing and safety lines?).

It would be great to coordinate other supplies (sun shade? unless that's covered by the range. tarps for brass containment? what do people do for backers? I can bring wire, posts, post driver and Coroplast backers. Staplers are a problem for me. I'll have spare water, cleaning/gun smithing supplies, a couple of loaner mats. Since I will be camping on site, I'm sure I'll forget stuff.)

I expect to be there by 7:30 with at least some AS Direction signs up. Will we need a secret handshake to make it onto the range proper? Any instructors able to show up by 8 to help set the range up?

Looking forward to meeting at least some of you in a couple of weeks!
Shiny!

mj52

vernic82

Hi Dan/Tom,

I was just contacted via email from a BR&G Board Member who would like to walk-on with 2.  Tom contact me for the Board Members contact info to acknowledge if we can make room for them?

Thanks,

(Fred) Vernic82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

Heavyduty77

Any chance for a single "Walk-on" August 11 & 12 at Lebanon?
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle