News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WATERMAN Aurora Sportsman Club Marksmanship/Heritage Clinic AUGUST 4TH-5TH

Started by Castle Mountain, July 20, 2012, 01:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

WATERMAN Aurora Sportsman Club  Marksmanship/Heritage Clinic AUGUST 4TH-5TH

This is going to be a great shoot with Fred as Shoot Boss for this event. Don't miss out a grand opportunity to meet the founder
of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association and Director of Project Appleseed.   O0

Sign up as an instructor,  or sign up as a shooter. You are going to enjoy this weekend for sure as we don't get the opportunity
to have him at a shoot in Illinois that often ( in fact I cannot remember Fred ever running a shoot in Illinois before)
and to be able to hear Fred's  history is something I envy  you for this opportunity you will have. ::)  Be there!

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

TheEditor

We had him at the first ever AS in Illinois - Bloomington 07. 

We've had him at at least one other Bloomington AS, I believe. 

Of course, it's been a while...

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Prairie Eagle

I signed up to work this event with my minty fresh orange hat. It's time to get some sweat stains on it through a little hard work. It'll be great to work under Fred.

I'll be bringing my wife and 10 year old daughter to their very first Appleseed as well. While I have a 22 for the girl (short stock, we painted it pink camo together for fun), I am hoping to secure a loaner for my wife to start her out on so she doesn't need to start with my 5.56. If anyone can be of help, please let me know. I'd be happy to loan out the 5.56 as well in return.

I've also been talking with a potential new Appleseeder (ChiMike on this forum) and talked with him on the phone (my first 7th step). He, his wife and 2 kids are all interested in starting off in Appleseed, but he's trying to figure out his rifle situation (he has none at this point). Any help locating rifles to help his crew out (probably 2) would be great. I know, it's a tall order, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

George63

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: George63 on July 21, 2012, 11:37:36 PM
will have a couple of loaners for her to use

george63, that is awesome, thanks for the help. I'll need one for my wife, and a new fellow ChiMike is still figuring out how many shooters (from a possible 4) to bring to his first AS, he is building up/brining one new rifle, but could likely use help for his daughters. It looks like you, Hassenpheffer and 2 clicks low might all be able to help out on the loaner front.

Dave

2 clicks low

One week out and there are still slots on the line  #)

:sb:
People, this just will not do. I am doing my SBIT3 (yes you may  :bow: ) under the watchfull eye of our very own FRED.

Yes I said Fred. Yes, That Fred. We can't have less than a full line now can we?

So, I need YOUR  :sos:. Lets get the word out  @@) and fill this shoot  ~~:)

No excuses no :pop:

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Prairie Eagle

Looks like we have 20 registered on the line so far - half way there. Keep rounding em up  O0