News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Harvard, MA 8/4-5/2012

Started by luv2Bfree, August 06, 2012, 03:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luv2Bfree

What a weekend!!

Hot and sunny (and dusty) at Harvard Sportsman's Club.  92 degrees, whew!  We went through lots of ice water.

We had 17 shooters on Saturday, and 7 shooters returned on Sunday to battle the AQTs.

Thank you, Allan, for attending in your Colonial garb... and for bringing your Brown Bess to show!

Marked improvement throughout the days.
An honorable mention to 15 year old Caitlin, who returned with her dad on Sunday.  On Saturday morning, her targets started with groups across the paper,
but with persistence, her groups shrunk down to under 3 inches!  O0

We gained two more Riflemen this weekend!!  ^:)^
On Sunday, two very tired and sun beaten shooters scored their patches after lunch... but we didn't tell them until the end of the day!  ;D
Didn't want to break their concentration...
Samy scored a 214
Jeff scored a 216

A big Thank You to ALL my fellow instructors, who made this weekend run very well... Blake and Mike, thanks for driving from western MA for Saturday!

Pictures soon!

luv2Bfree/Alix

"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lima Tango

What a great weekend! I'm so glad so many of you came out to learn about our own heritage and rifle marksmanship! It was a tough road but we made 2 Riflemen! I saw some good shooters on the line, I hope you come back and earn your patches! Persist, persist, persist! See you on the firing line!
-LT

AmericaStandsStrong

This was a very good shoot. All of our new shooters made significant improvement, or seemed to be naturals  ;). It ran well even with not a whole lot of instructors and the three strikes went well (No I'm not saying that just cause I did the third one  ;D) I was disappointed not to be able to make it back for Sunday, but it would appear that day went just as good as the first. It was good to see many of the boys bringing their girlfriends/wives to the range for some of them even the first time. I hope to see many of our shooters back on the line at some point, and I believe I will, the majority seemed to be very interested. Congratulations to our two new Riflemen!

-Blake