News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine Wi, July 28-29 2012 AAR

Started by Trig, July 28, 2012, 11:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

What a gorgeous day to get out and delve into our countries heritage!!  Thank you to Racine County Line Rifle Club for the use of their range, and to all of you who made a decision to come out and work on improving your marksmanship skills.  :---

11 Of our countries finest American came out this weekend.  After a little bit of a slow start, we got right into the instruction and started our journey to becoming rifleman.

Congratulations to Bradley  on scoring rifleman on his first AQT (218)!
Many others were shooting rifleman's groups by the end of the day, I can't wait to get back at it tomorrow!!

Pictures coming soon.
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

ahhshoot

The past is only the future with the lights on.

Trig

Another beautiful day on the Appleseed trail, our forefathers would have been proud  :)

I love the sound of center-fires on a beautiful summer morning!
2 of Wisconsin's new rifleman were able to head out to the KD range and shoot at steel plates out to 400 yards, pretty amazing how that 1 inch square @25 yards is the same as a 16 inch steel plate at 400 yards, huh?!?! way to go

The rest of the group was shooting very well into Sunday even with the Sun beating down on them all weekend.  Lots of scores in the high 180s and 190s with another shooter peaking at 203.  PERSISTENCE!!
Keep at it, and you'll see that 210 sooner than you think  :cool2: :cool2:

Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend!  Hope to see you in October!!

Good looking group!

Racine 7/28-29 2012 Group photo by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Bradley was the first rifleman from Saturday with his 10/22:

Bradley Rifleman by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Russ scored Rifleman with Iron Sights on his AR:

Russ Rifleman by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

LaForge scored rifleman with his Mini14:

LaForge Rifleman by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Tom taking aim with his Garand:

Tom taking aim by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Laforge and Russ working on drills together:

Laforge and Russ by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Andrew working on his NPoA with Trisha:

Andrew by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Nolan and Bradley working on NPoA:

Bradly and Nolan by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

2 clicks low

Man, whats a fella gotta do to get some trigger time?
Showed up to shoot. Great squares followed by 2 meh AQT's. 1 AQT that just rated worth north bridge water then Triggernick saying go find your hat. OK, wasn't shooting that great. Teaching is better anyway. Especially with great students. Thanks for comming, students always make it great. Gotta remember, bring clipboard even if just shooting, you just never know.

Thanks everyone. Had a great time.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Eric Buhlmann

I gotta extend a heart-felt "Thank You" to all of the shooters attending this awesome event!  As my very first shoot as an IIT, you all made it very easy.  What a great bunch of shooters!   :---

The improvements were dramatic, and the attitudes were great even with all that brutal heat and sun beating down on us all weekend.......I've got about 5 different shades between white and "well done" on my skin!!!  I hope to see each of you at another AS event in the future, but until then please take what you learned and apply it through practice, practice, practice! 

Congrats to Bradley, Russ, & Joshua for demonstrating their skills and earning that Rifleman patch! 

And pleeeeease......do like Bradley did and BRING A KID TO YOUR NEXT APPLESEED!  We need more great young people out there like Nolan to make sure our heritage continues on!   O0
"Did I seriously just hit that?"

Trisha

I had a great time this weekend! I love instructing in Racine, always wonderful students. Thank you to the Racine County Line Club for allowing us to have a great Appleseed this weekend, I look forward to more.

Thank you to all the shooters for spending your weekend with us!!

Congratulations to Wisconsin's newest Riflemen, Bradley, Russ and Joshua!! Way to go and I hope you all will still attend more...and maybe take on an Orange Hat ^-^

I enjoyed being able to work with every single shooter and I hope you all will come back for more Appleseed and to earn your Rifleman patch.

Triggernick and Janir it was great working with you guys again. Tuhlmann you did a great job at your first Appleseed as an IIT, keep it up. I hope to see all three of you soon on the trail.

TaterTots

Thanks to all the instructors!  I had a really fun and invaluable weekend.  Once we started shooting AQT's, I knew that I would have to keep coming back until I shot Rifleman.  Fortunately I cleared it and it was cool to put the new shooting skills to work on some steel at long range.  Thanks again for volunteering your time to make our country a better place.

-Josh LaForge

Trig

Welcome to the forums!  Great shooting this weekend, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.  We hope to see you on the appleseed trail, ya know an orange hat would look pretty good on you!  O0
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Janir

A little late getting here, but great job everyone this weekend. There was a TON of improvement in every shooter across the board! Everyone should be proud of their accomplishments and hard work. And a extra shout out to Russ and Laforge on doing some KD against Triggenick's steel target. Hitting targets @  400 meters with just a sling support is a whole lot more satisfying than using a bench isn't it? :)
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

MC2AF

Been meaning to get on here.

The Racine shoot was my first Appleseed.  I was very impressed.  The Instructors were great.  This was also my nephew Nolan's first Appleseed.  We're planning on going to the Lodi Appleseed in October.  (Most likely Saturday only)

Even being an Expert Marksman in the USMC and USAF with the M16, I still learned a lot.  I saw a big difference in my first and last Red Coat target.  I'm willing to bet that my scores will go up at my next CMP and HighPower shoots. 

The history portion was very interesting.  Too bad most Americans will never hear and learn those lessons.

BIG THANKS to the Instructors for volunteering their time to a worth while cause.

Thanks,
Bradley

2 clicks low

Quote from: MC2AF on August 08, 2012, 10:36:07 PM

The history portion was very interesting.  Too bad most Americans will never hear and learn those lessons.

Bradley
Brad,

It DOESN'T have to be that way. We have a goal of doubling every year. We can do this with your help. In addition to Noland, bring 1 of your friends and 1 of his. There! We doubled!.

The idea IS to get most Americans to hear and learn these lessons, both history and marksmanship.

We need your help. How would you like a shinny Orange Hat? We can really use your help.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne