News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dinner in Lexington

Started by iron pony, August 23, 2012, 09:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron pony

Having dinner at Lex.  A few yards down from the green.  Trying to imagine what is was like on 4-19-75. Will be back to explore in a few weeks.
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Ratchett

It is an amazing trip, knowing the history and envisioning the events unfolding during that morning.

Hope you do get more time to explore in the future. Sounds like the new job is going well. Travel safe IP!!

IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

M1NC

Dinner in Lexington - you have to wonder if on April 18th the boys, men and families that sat down together for their evening meal knew how much their world would change only 24 hours later.
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

Kaylee

Give a yell when you come back through if you'd like a tour guide / driver. Battle Road is an amazing place to visit - and there's some heartbreaking spots along the way that don't get the notoriety they deserve I think.