News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Eastern Games May 2012

Started by BeSwift, May 10, 2012, 11:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Saw a fair amount of Appleseed shirts and a few instructors at the CMP Eastern Games. We talked up Appleseed to anyone who would listen, including my impromptu relay shooting partner in the Garand Match,The Gunny.. R.Lee Ermey...
Myself and Sashok.Privetov with our medals below
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

carlb

"He who sacrifices essential liberty for temporary safety deserves neither" - Benjamin Franklin
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams
"One hundred rounds do not constitute fire power. One hit constitutes fire power." - General Merritt Edson, U.S. Marine Corps

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

jrturbo

Nice work men!  How bout some scores?   I'll be at Perry this summer need to see what scores I need to put up to keep up with my Appleseed brethren! 

Gunny is a hoot, hope you got some good stories out of him.  Who else was with him?

Turbo
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

BeSwift

Quote from: jrturbo on May 11, 2012, 02:44:12 PM
Nice work men!  How bout some scores?   I'll be at Perry this summer need to see what scores I need to put up to keep up with my Appleseed brethren! 

Gunny is a hoot, hope you got some good stories out of him.  Who else was with him?

Turbo

Silver in the M1 Carbine Match... Medals start at 320.. I got 338 with a miss in offhand  :wb:  Patent Guy edged me out with a score in the 340's in the carbine match...Also got a Silver in the Rimfire Sporter, but don't remember the score/catagory etc.
Medals in the Garand and Springfield start at about 264 or so... Sashok.Privetov came in around 268 if I'm not mistaken in the Garand... This is only his 2nd try at CMP competition..
With all these matches, it's ALL about offhand..

Gunny was with the guy who owns Creedmore Shooting Sports, and few of his buddies, as well as a guy I recognize as a regular top shooter, but am zoning on his name at the moment.. (I AM the worst person you'll ever know, with names)

Hope to see you and lots of others at Perry this year... I'll be there with my regular crew and likely a few Appleseeders in tow as well...   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

hawkeye

Ermey hangs out with Dennis Demill of Creedmore Sports.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

M1NC

I was the orange hat there - ran into Alexander.  My dad and I squadded together.  I shot a 254 (threw a shot in offhand).

Real fun was doing slow fire prone in the rain and watching rain bounce off your front handguard.

My dad did offhand in pouring rain, thunder and lighting.  He persisted though and I'm real proud of him!
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

jrturbo

BeSwift, you got that right about Offhand.  Dennis DeMille won the Springfield Boltie match at Perry last year.  He shot a 100-4x offhand and dropped 3 in the prone sf and rf.  I was a few firing points down from him and asked him how he did. (I didn't know at the time he had won) He was griping that he should be kicked in the jimmies for dropping points in prone.  Aaaah.  Marines, they just have to be perfect  ~~:)

Anyway... All you guys put up some NICE scores.  Way to go!!!  Good job representing Appleseed too!  I will be at the SAFS, M16 EIC, Presidents 100, Vintage Sniper, M1 Carbine, Springfield bolt and Garand matches this year.  First year for SAFS, EIC, P100 and Carbine.  DO look me up at Perry!   

Turbo
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

NavyIrish

For us rookies, what are the "SAFS, M16 EIC, & Presidents 100"?
"The man who loves his country on its own account, and not merely for its trappings of interest or power, can never be divorced for
it, can never refuse to come forward when he finds that she is engaged in dangers which he has the means of warding off." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1797.

BeSwift

Quote from: NavyIrish on May 16, 2012, 07:23:50 PM
For us rookies, what are the "SAFS, M16 EIC, & Presidents 100"?

Here's a link that should get you started... http://www.odcmp.com/NM.htm
Ralph Waldo Emerson

sashok.privetov

This was a blast!  I returned to fanfare and ovation, just like Titus.  In my mind, anyway.  My LT almost made me wear the medals.
Those in my unit in the know were quite impressed by my meeting Gunny.  I think I acquired a celebrity status by association in close circles...   ???

I may possibly get a TDY to Camp Perry this year!
When is everyone going?
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

jrturbo

Just to make it a little easier for anyone who is not familiar with the matches at Perry during CMP week.

SAFS - Small Arms Firing School. Basically an appleseed for High Power taught by the USAMU

M16 EIC - Excellence in Competition match shot by SAFS students.  CMP sanctioned match.  Offhand at 200 yds., RF rapid and seated at 200 yds. SF prone at 200.  NO SIGHTERS.  top 10% get "LEG" points towards the Distinguished Rifleman badge. Must use issued rifles. (Ohio NG rifles)

Presidents 100 (P100) - about 1200 competitors shoot an EIC match.  Top 100 receive a President's 100 tab to sew on shooting jacket.  Top 10 have sudden death shoot off to determine winner.  Very prestigious match.

NTI - National Trophy Individual. Civillian and Military EIC match.

NTT - National Trophy Team - Civillian and Military Team EIC match.