News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

G'Burg instructor KD planning thread

Started by posterboy, July 12, 2012, 10:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Ok folks....

What is the deal here we have exactly 3 signed up for the event and that includes me. Is this something that no one wants to do..or are you waiting until the last minute to sign up ? If the interest isn't there I can cancel it but tell me. seriously.

I know I sound a bit crossed but we are in the height of the season here in the buckeye state and I am going to an appleseed this weekend where only one other IIT is signed up ..and he is out of state.

Coming to G'burg to do this will be FUN. But whatever...I can go do this anytime I want don't know if you are as lucky as I am.

If you attend we will  shoot at 100-200-300 -500 doing various things  >:D. although we cannot do FDAQT. I know lots of have ventured to the flatlands and shot on our glorious 500 but there have to be some who have never rocked the steel at actual distance or someone who has and would like to spend a day or two concentrating on your own skills as this time is always too short at a normal appleseed. As with appleseed there is no fancy magic ....you just do it. But once you have you are forever changed and enlightened.

Dangerous D

spitfire51

Well if you don't mind a border raider I might drive up for the event.  However I don't see a registration link up anywhere.  Any idea where to sign up?  Also I may have to leave around lunchtime on Sunday, will that be an issue at all?
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

KAH

PB:

Looks like I won't be able to make the event. I'll let you know if things change.

KAH
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

posterboy

Spitfire

Border raiders are definitely welcome ! How much you shoot and when you need to go is up to you as well.....

here is the link on eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3458822431

we will be camping on the range.

pm me if to decide to come.

pb

Fives

I am planning on attending and I think I've already reserved my spot on eventbright!!!! Good thing I did >:D

OK Well if we are shooting those distances what kind of tool am I needing.  I have access to an SK, but as of now I don't have a proper tool to get out to those distances. I have an old Mauser 8mm but how reliable that old horse is I'm not sure, and Ammo is pricey.

So any suggestions would be helpful. I'm so stoked to shoot!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Also, is this a two day event, or only one?

Thanks All And hope all kind of people show up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DH:

WhiteKnight!!!!!!!

"A hero is no more brave than an ordinary man, he is braver five minutes longer" RWE

PHenry

Ohio,
A chance to shoot to distance and only a handful of takers? Say it isn't so!

GA cadre showed up in droves a couple weeks ago for same - we had a great time. IAAR here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30568.0

Only mention to make sure ya'll understand how productive and straight up fun these can be. Shooting steel? I know of few more entertaining and educational pursuits open to humans.

We ran it in order, from one end of line to other. Each shooter gits five rounds on steel sil at 500 (or greater). Rest listen for hit or miss. Call hits out - dead silence on no hits - graphic representation of marksmanship skill.

I have much printed material for anyone interested in math and physics of KD. Would be my honor to send it to any instructor so interested. Just PM me with your Email addy and I will reply with many attachments. I have hand outs for all aspects of long range shooting - Appleseeds style and even a lesson plan for whoever is running the event.

I know I got no place buttin' my nose in here - not my aim to be a pest. Just noticed PB's call for shooters - hate to see Ohio miss out on any chance to shoot KD and spend some time off the "public" line. We had 22 in GA and we all learnt a lot - even the slackin' old si, who got asked a question he could not properly answer!

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

slim

I'll be there!

I'm sitting here getting ready to lay down for a good night's rest before heading out on the trail again and I keep hearing.....

BOOM!

..... PING!

Huzzah! We get a whole weekend of shooting KD. Who's meeting us there?

posterboy

Ok folks this is a list of stuff you NEED to bring:

1. A functional centerfire rifle and a back up. Feel free to bring anything else that hasn't been out to 500 yet but I can't guarantee you'll have the time to shoot your gun safe contents so be reasonable. Appropriate stuff for said rifles...mags..slings etc..

2. 250 rnds or more for your rifle ( you can shoot as much or as little as you like) This sounds like a good round number and let's face it shooting distance is fun. The point is you don't want to skimp and run out and watch others have fun  :'( you can take what you don't shoot home or give it to me  >:D

3. Spotting scope or pair of binoculars

4. One can of white spray paint

5. all the usual appleseed stuff you need to be outside to be comfortable.

6. writing instrument and paper

If you have a free standing target stand bring that as well......for 25m zero confirmation.

pb

Lisa

Ok here is the deal for all you instructors. As of right now there is not enough signed up for this event for me to take my time and do lunch. If there are not at least 20 people who are going to be at this shoot, signed up for this shoot then I will not be doing a lunch. So sign up and be there if you want lunches. There IS a HUGE PROBLEM with PEOPLE not signing up and for INSTRUCTORS who do NOT sign up with instructor scheduling. Sorry if I sound mean about this, but if people can not sign up for the shoots who are going to be there and if instructors can not sign up with instructor scheduling I can not plan according for food and MY TIME.

Barbie

I will be in Gambier, OH for a wedding  :(   Otherwise I'd be up.

Definetely plan to border raid up to Gburg later this year  :---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Edheler