News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Summer Camping Invite

Started by oktx, July 19, 2012, 10:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktx

Just putting this out here in case anyone wants to join in.  A lot of us from another board are going camping next weekend (July 27-29) out at Lake Thunderbird at the Little Axe campground. 

One member is going to teach making a fire with a bow drill and I'm going to (we hope) demonstrate my solar generator build.

I know it's not a shooting event but I figured maybe some of you are into camping and self-reliance type skills.

Two Wolves

Thanks for the invite---if I wasn't in south central Texas I'd join ya so I could learn about your solar generator. Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

henschman

Too bad I didn't see this in time -- sounds like fun.  So how did it go?
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oktx

Good time had by all.  I did send you a facebook notice but I guess you don't check that either.  LOL.  It was my husband and I and two old dudes.  Although we did not manage to actually start a fire (burn ban anyway), we did get some smoke.

henschman

Yeah, I get so much crap on facebook anymore that it is hard to weed out the stuff I actually want to see.  PM's on here or OSA are usually the best bet for reaching me, since I get an e-mail notice for them.  Hit me up if you do anything cool like that again. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819