News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN July 7-8 (Ovenseed)

Started by hawkhavn, July 09, 2012, 10:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Pkaceholder, more to come, comment if'n you want

HH

Photos, Dan and Brandon re-qualified with hefty Rifleman score and Carl came back for his third AS and kicked the door wide open with a 233.  Note: Carl's first Appleseed was my first Appleseed as SB way back in April 2007 at the Freedom,IN Patriot's Day shoot. PERSISTENCE!
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

yellowhousejake

Quote from: hawkhavn on July 09, 2012, 10:11:44 PM
comment if'n you want

I like shootin... Hawk taught me to shoot, he's pretty good at it.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Edheler

Was it someone in Indiana that left the dang oven on? It was certainly felt all the way over in Ohio! ;)

brianheeter

That was fun!  It was hot but fun.

We saw smart but dedicated shooters.  They'd take a string of fire off to sit in the shade, have a drink and get friendly with a 7 lb. bag of ice and then get right back to it.

Congrats to Carl on his dominating performance.  When that guy does it, he does it big:  233!  Kudos to Dan and Brandon on their requals.  Keeping working those iron sights, Brandon.   &)

I'm looking forward to seeing Mara and Kim back on the line soon.  Mara had never held a rifle until Saturday, showed up with her teachable attitude and showed great improvement.  Maybe even flashes of brilliance!  Kim worked through the heat, equipment issues, vision issues, tolerated being switched from righty to lefty and managed not to swear!  (not that I heard, anyway)  Seriously, she showed determination and character.

Ginny, you have some great technique.  You just need to get out to the range and drill this stuff until it becomes muscle memory.  Inside joke:  Thanks for showing me how a 10/22 magazine works!   ;D

Robert, Nadine and Jeb could only stay for Saturday but it was great having you on the line.  True students of history and freedom loving patriots.

We even got the pleasure of having Philagothon and Christalynn join us for part of Sunday.  Always a pleasure!

Let's do it again.  Next one at Nashville is in December.  Hmmm....  Better not wait that long.  Check the schedule, there are plenty of other shoots to go to between now and then.  And don't forget to bring a friend.

C ya,

brian

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

huntrdan

Thanks to all! Once again Brandon and I had a great time. Made some new friends that we hope to see again. The heat just added to the fun. :-X

We will leave Brandons scoped rifle at home next time. I am setting up a bolt gun for myself. So he will be on the 10/22 with techs. **)  He doesn't even know it yet.

Thanks again.
An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependant who becomes a subject by necessity.
An armed man, by contrast, has the means for Independence.
A rifle more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self reliance to attain it.

ginny

Thanks Brian for the encouragment. I had a great time. I have already talked to my daughter and we are looking at the schedule to see when we can go together. She says she wants to watch one first but......with a bit of encouragement I think you can get a gun in her hand before lunch. Ed I like your story telling techniques and you and Rob were very helpful with instructions for me. I have taken all I learned and will be practicing. Remember I challenged Brandon, he took the challenge and I will be reminding him when ever I see him again. I have a whole list of people I already have begun to tell about my expereince and I think most would be interested.