News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ongoing Mini-Appleseeds at Proctor

Started by GMB74, June 23, 2008, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

I have been holding ongoing Minis at the Proctor Fish & Game Club Monday evenings starting at about 5:30 (weather permitting). If you have any questions or comments, post here.

johniim

How long do you plan on continuing these mini-Appleseeds I will be workin near Brattleboro for a few weeks starting 10-6-08 and would like a chance to hone my skills hopefully I will make rifleman at the Lawrence Mi appleseed

Nickle

They've been going for about 5 years now, should be going for another 5 years or so.

In the winter, they shoot indoors.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

johniim

If they use an indoor range I'm guessing an LTR is the tool of choice?  I just want to know what to bring to Vt centerfire or rimfire

Nickle

Quote from: johniim on August 23, 2008, 07:37:32 PM
If they use an indoor range I'm guessing an LTR is the tool of choice?  I just want to know what to bring to Vt centerfire or rimfire

If you're coming to Proctor, the rifle of choice is always a .22.

We're a bunch of Frugal yankees, and we love to shoot a LOT and CHEAPLY.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

johniim

I'm hoping to make it on 10-6-08 I should only have to work until 3 or 4 pm I came close to rifleman at the Lawrence Mi Appleseed 202 was the best I could do. I realy want to qualify asap.

GMB74

Update:
Mini-Appleseed shoots are still ongoing at the Proctor Fish & Game Club. We are still meeting Monday evenings from 5:30-7:00 PM, and have moved indoors for the winter, so space is tight. email proctorfishngame@yahoo.com or vt@appleseedinfo.org for more info.
Jim