News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Event Coordination - Leyden 7/14-7/15

Started by aim, July 08, 2012, 10:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

One week to go - I'll get the ball rolling.

1. I will bring two rifles. While they don't make good loaners (one optics-only bolt action, one small takedown Marlin self-loader with stiff mags), I hope that instructors will have occasion to use them throughout the weekend.

2. I will provide firewood, hot dogs, buns, chips and water. goodpiper or MetalgodZ, can we count on you for a grate? Condiments, anyone?

3. The long term forecast is currently unhelpful. Sun/rain shelters for shooters and tarps for brass are always welcome.

4. We currently (July 13th) have 8.5 instructors and 7 registered shooters. More are known to have expressed interest.

5. I know that lupis42 and goodpiper can both be relied upon to have "stuff". Since I'm new to this SBIT business and trying to learn the ropes, I would appreciate assistance with remembering what all this stuff is. Tools and CLP? First aid? Loaner mats? WATER, oh my, I forgot water...

6. The obvious things like wire, backers and paint should be covered by goodpiper and I.
Shiny!

MetalgodZ

I'll bring something for KD, and the usual two loaners. I'm hoping that the loaners don't get used and the weather stabilizes, though - I was hoping to crash at the range overnight and avoid the drive home, as I'll be driving alone (or with just the dog) this weekend.

I've got loaners/spares for just about everything other than what's required from the SB (or SBIT  ~~:)), so I'll just keep an eye here and see what seems lacking as the weekend approaches. Hoping to finally get my red hat this go-round...need to brush up this week( ~~:) ~~:)), as the recent frantic CCNA and VCP study have pushed all that heritage out of my head.

EDITED TO ADD: Reserved myself a tent site at a local place for $20. If anyone feels like not making the round trip home, toss me a PM.

voidoid

Just a heads up that I may not be able to leave for the shoot until around noon on Saturday, putting my arrival in Leyden around 2pm :P.  There's a fair chance I will get there much earlier, but I'm just not sure yet at this point.  I'll have 2 Marlins and one or two rifles for KD, as well as a shoot box (maybe 85% full).
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington