News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Volunteers Needed!

Started by Barbie, July 05, 2012, 03:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbie

The Ripley County 4-H Fair in Osgood, IN is coming up on 22 July - 28 July.  As much as I'd like to think I'm superwoman and can do everything myself, I'd better throw this out to anyone who's willing to venture out and help a lady out!  :sos:

If you would be willing to volunteer to help "man the booth" during that week, please reply below, so I can get an idea of who all will be able to lend a hand.  (I am awaiting a reply from the Parks Director on specific hours that the building is open, but if I'm not mistaken, it opens around 5pm and closes around 9pm... will update once confirmed) The fair link is as follows:  http://www.ripleycounty.com/parks/4hfair.html

Monday, July 23rd
Tuesday, July 24th
Wednesday, July 25th
Thursday, July 26th
Friday, July 27th

Also, I am still needing some more input from folks on my lil' promo scrapbook that booth visitors can browse through.  Here's my original post regarding that matter:

Hi there!

I am working on some details for a week-long promo opportunity for AS at the Ripley Co. 4-H Fair in Osgood, IN July 22-28th.  Aside from all the other stuff that'll be going on/displayed at the booth, I would like to make up a scrapbook of sorts with "testimonials" from fellow Appleseeders (beginners all the way up through instructors & shoot bosses) that visitors to the booth could browse through.

So...     

* How did you first become involved with Appleseed?
* What are some of the most important things you've learned since being involved with Appleseed?
* What would you say to someone considering attending an Appleseed event?

-->  I would like to include pictures also, so if you want to attach a picture of yourself in action at an Appleseed shoot to your comment, that would be super!  Respond on this thread, or if you'd rather you can PM me and I'll get you my personal email address.

**After I am done making this and using it during that week, if anyone would like to use it for their promo opportunities I'd be more than happy to send it your way!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any and all help is greatly appreciated...  O, did I mention the building is air conditioned?   O0

(If we have an abundance of volunteers on certain days, I'd like to offer free face painting for the kiddos that come by... I've done this for other booths in the past, and it gives people a good opportunity to talk to them/their parents!)

Thanks guys!
~ Barbie

***Update:  The higher ups of the fair organization folks gave me 2 passes that will allow free parking all week.  I will gladly give these away to the 2 folks to volunteer to help the most days. I will see if I can acquire a few more***

7/9/2012  UPDATE

The building that we will be in is open for people to come through Monday, July 23-Friday July 27th  from 4:00pm-9:00pm.  So, those would be the hours that if you volunteer to help out, that you'd need to be there  :)
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

yellowhousejake

Come on folks, let's help a gal out here. Barbie is doing the hard legwork and the heavy lifting, we can surely throw some strong backs and fresh legs her way.

Barbie, I'll get you my story after this weekend (I'm in Ossian) and you should hit up SPQR about anything they might have left over from the NRA magazine you can use.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Brown

here is a link to a story that was done on my wife:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30217.0

no problem at all with using it
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Barbie

Quote from: Brown on July 06, 2012, 09:31:44 AM
here is a link to a story that was done on my wife:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30217.0

no problem at all with using it

Thank ya sir!   O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com